Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMB Timeout caused by Thompson modem?

Options
  • 24-01-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has a solution this problem which I think has something to do with my new Thompson UPC router. I have an android box setup in the living room and a FreeNAS going as well. I have it setup to share over our whole network through a CIFS share and it's mounted onto my XBMC through SMB. Now up until two days ago when I had my old netgear modem, everything is fine and dandy. Since I've installed the new modem, I'm getting weird connection timeouts. The video (from the NAS) plays for a few minutes and then stops and goes to the previous screen. The XBMC log shows is as a connection timeout error. I've tried unmounting and remounting the disks on the NAS, but the problem still persists.

Anyone know what the cause might be and offer a possible solution?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I'm assuming this maybe related to either uPnP or the firewall / security settings on the Thomson. Have you replicated your Netgear setup?.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mohananv

advertsfox wrote: »
    I'm assuming this maybe related to either uPnP or the firewall / security settings on the Thomson. Have you replicated your Netgear setup?.

Unfortunately I've returned the Netgear modem so I can't recreate it. I've disabled firewall and uPnP all together on the modem, but the problem still persists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

mohananv wrote: »
    Unfortunately I've returned the Netgear modem so I can't recreate it. I've disabled firewall and uPnP all together on the modem, but the problem still persists.
    You shouldn't disable uPnP at all, put that back on and see if it helps. Is everything connection on the LAN or is anything using Wi-Fi as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mohananv

advertsfox wrote: »
    You shouldn't disable uPnP at all, put that back on and see if it helps. Is everything connection on the LAN or is anything using Wi-Fi as well?

Everything is connected via LAN. Enabled UPnP and disabled firewall and still the connection time out error comes up. Netflix, Spotify etc all work no problem. Also anything streamed works as well. It's just anything streamed from the NAS stop intermittently.

Advertisement