Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 Bainisteoir Hurling re-released on PC

Options
  • 24-01-2014 5:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me posting here, but there is a re-release of Bainisteoir Hurling by Tipperary based Tailteann Games.

It's a slow paced strategic sports management game, and the only ever Irish developed hurling management game, so if anyone here has an interest in the game, it's available at http://getirishgames.ie/bainisteoir-hurling/ with screenshots and a description.

It would be good to see if there's an appetite for this kind of Championship Manager style game among Irish people, and I figured that Boards.ie GAA section might be interested for themselves, or friends.

If the mod has a problem with the post, can you pm me?

Thanks

Jamie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

The old one was impossible...way too difficult!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is there any free demo or anything? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

My mate played this and really liked it. It had a lot of detail (maybe too much unless you're a serious hurling lunatic) and seemed good. Is it just being re released or updated/improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,825 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so will it have all the 2013/14 panels on it or is it still the 2007 panels ???

I would buy it if it had updated panels still have the old one at home

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Seems like they are just trying to get rid of the last batch of games from 2007.

If this is the case, 30€ seems pretty steep for a game released 7 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Had it last time around,Really enjoyed it...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

If it is still 2007 panels then its a complete rip off at €30, I still have the old game but it wont work anymore. It was mildly enjoyable and a novelty but so much of the AI didnt make sense.

Would happily pay €5 or so to download a working copy of the 2007 version. For €30 though it would need to be updated with better graphics, better AI and up to date squads and competition structures

Can the OP clarify any of the above please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I have the original, but I found it quite buggy. It was good when I actually got to play it- maybe a bit difficult and slightly unrealistic but shur.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fusion19

im an absolute hurling maniac and am beyond delighted you pinted this out to me however 30 euro is not a good price football manager is about this much for a brand new version every year

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

It's always great to see Irish games out on the market. I had this game originally but found it way too difficult. If a difficulty setting was introduced and the game was actually valued correctly I would give it another go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement