Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy drum brain and pads as separates and use with a different frame

Options
  • 24-01-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick question about electronic kits and mixing and matching different parts. About a year ago I bought a Millenium MPS 100 from thomann just for practicing on. The thing is a piece of junk though, it misses a lot of beats and the sound screws up quite a bit etc. I sent back the original pads and they sent me new ones but was the same story, they replied again saying it's an entry level kit and I should expect that it misses some notes!

Anyway that's not the point of this post, what I want to know is has anyone bought just a drum brain and pads as "separates" and used them with a different rack / frame? I'm thinking I should be able to just buy a decent brain and pads and use them with the frame I have, which is hard plastic / kevlar and approx 50mm thick.

If this is possible could anyone recommend a decent not too expensive brand and where I might buy them?

(I've attached a pic of my existing piece of junk).

TIA

Advertisement