Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Paras and French Foreign Legion Paras Train Together

Options
  • 23-01-2014 11:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Only a matter of time before a joint battle group is formed.

Colchester-based B Company of 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment (2 PARA) has been working alongside 2e Regiment Etranger de Parachutistes (2e REP) at their base on the rugged island of Corsica.

Exercise Blue Legionnaire has seen the 2 units fire each other’s weaponry and practise fighting together in urban areas.

The 2 PARA soldiers earned French parachute wings by jumping from a French C-160 Transall aircraft, while jumps from a Royal Air Force C-130 Hercules earned 2e REP soldiers their British wings.

2 PARA and 2e REP maintain strong links as sister battalions. Exercise Blue Legionnaire has been about us seeing 2e REP on their home turf and learning more about how they operate and live.

It has been a huge success in developing the understanding, respect and trust between our 2 units, which could prove critical in future operations.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/paratroopers-strengthen-french-connection

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Colchester-based B Company of 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment (2 PARA) has been working alongside 2e Regiment Etranger de Parachutistes (2e REP) at their base on the rugged island of Corsica.

Exercise Blue Legionnaire has seen the 2 units fire each other’s weaponry and practise fighting together in urban areas.

The 2 PARA soldiers earned French parachute wings by jumping from a French C-160 Transall aircraft, while jumps from a Royal Air Force C-130 Hercules earned 2e REP soldiers their British wings.

2 PARA and 2e REP maintain strong links as sister battalions. Exercise Blue Legionnaire has been about us seeing 2e REP on their home turf and learning more about how they operate and live.

It has been a huge success in developing the understanding, respect and trust between our 2 units, which could prove critical in future operations.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/paratroopers-strengthen-french-connection

Where's the pics of your "doing P Coy at 17"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Ah right. You are in 2 PARA or 2e REP?

tac

tac foley wrote: »

tac

He's in neither....if he aint got pics,he aint got proof.

A walter.

D'accord, mon vieux. ;)

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

tac foley wrote: »

tac

He is clearly just quoting directly from the link provided, click on it, quite an interesting read.

He is clearly just quoting directly from the link provided, click on it, quite an interesting read.

I did, Sir. I was being a b*stard. :D

tac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

[Mod]Gentlemen. I've 'awarded' cards to two posts above for being totally unproductive and aimed purely at having a go at the OP. There's already a thread where that's happening, let's leave it quarantined there, please[/mod]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

why?

Its already happened. Why?

As military equipment gets more sophisticated and expensive, only the US now has an independent global ability for operations. Shared resources mean France and the UK, the worlds 3rd and 4th military spenders have a more capable global operations ability.

UK infantry Units are now training at CENZUB, Europes largest urban battle training area all the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325863/Britain-France-sign-historic-50-year-military-agreement.html

Launch combined Joint Expeditionary Force of about 6,000 troops

Britain and France to share aircraft carriers from 2020

The countries will launch a brigade-sized Combined Joint Expeditionary Force - about 6,000 troops – including the SAS, SBS, Marines and Paras, to deploy on civil and military operations together and share more intelligence, air-to-air refuelling and cyber-warfare capabilities.

Interesting video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciC2TFN0H5I

As military equipment gets more sophisticated and expensive, only the US now has an independent global ability for operations. Shared resources mean France and the UK, the worlds 3rd and 4th military spenders have a more capable global operations ability.

UK infantry Units are now training at CENZU, Europes largest urban battle training area all the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325863/Britain-France-sign-historic-50-year-military-agreement.html

Launch combined Joint Expeditionary Force of about 6,000 troops

Britain and France to share aircraft carriers from 2020

The countries will launch a brigade-sized Combined Joint Expeditionary Force - about 6,000 troops – including the SAS, SBS, Marines and Paras, to deploy on civil and military operations together and share more intelligence, air-to-air refuelling and cyber-warfare capabilities.

So the Daily mail is privvy to the movements of elite units in the BA?

• Advertisement

chopper6 wrote: »
    So the Daily mail is privvy to the movements of elite units in the BA?

Its from Hansard, the official record of announcements in the House of Commons and an MOD press release.

Now please go away.

Its from Hansard, the official record of announcements in the House of Commons and an MOD press release.

Now please go away.

But you're a serving paratrooper who proudly wears the maroon beret and yet you're basing your posts in the military forum on press releases and youtube links.

But you're a serving paratrooper who proudly wears the maroon beret and yet you're basing your posts in the military forum on press releases and youtube links.

Where did I say that ? Stop telling lies.

Where did I say that ? Stop telling lies.

Here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88504424

Where did I say I was a serving Para ?

I have already replied to your crap on the RAF Regiment thread(page10), you have chosen to ignore the reply and keep trolling the same question.

Troll.

I have already replied to your crap on the RAF Regiment thread(page10), you have chosen to ignore the reply and keep trolling the same question.

Troll.

okay.

So if you "did" P coy can you please tell me what year you were in and what was the name of your CO.

okay.

So if you "did" P coy can you please tell me what year you were in and what was the name of your CO.

1984 Lt Col. Parker, now p... off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just to hop in on that; this earlier reply to some questions by myself in another thread, whilst open-ended in how it could be interpreted, would appear to imply being a member of the Paras or at least a member of one of their attached units.

Yup, he's right - see the list...................

http://www.paradata.org.uk/article/4325/related/49326

Now all we need to see is the photograph of the P Coy course in 1984, with names and so on, of course, so I can put it on arrse.co.uk.

Bearing in mind Lemming's well-remembered post above, let's just remind ourselves what you wrote -
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Yes what?

Yes, You are aware that anyone wishing to become parachute certified is required to pass P Coy?

or yes, you have successfully earned the right to wear a maroon lid?

Both.

As a token of MY authenticity, not that it matters any more, here is my regimental number - 2403372* [originally TA from 1964, retained on joining the regular Army on 9 September 1967] and my officer number, 51959*, dating from 28 August 1984 to 28 August 2000.

Now you....

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If he did serve in the Paras why in the name of god would he be talking up the RAF regiment over the paras and the army in general?

Having met some paras thats the least likeliest any of them would do.:confused:

• Advertisement

If he did serve in the Paras why in the name of god would he be talking up the RAF regiment over the paras and the army in general?

Having met some paras thats the least likeliest any of them would do.:confused:

Where did I do that ? The Paras and RAF Regiment have close ties.

hahahahahahahgahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah etc.

tac

Where did I do that ? The Paras and RAF Regiment have close ties.

So Paras and RAF regiment are good buddies then? I'm sure there's a pig flying around somewhere.

So Paras and RAF regiment are good buddies then? I'm sure there's a pig flying around somewhere.

Close ties, fact.

Close ties, fact.

They've close ties with 7 RHA too. Doesn't stop them from kicking the ****e out of them on nights out in Colchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

Your original note was that :

linked to the article posted.

Interested to understand the link between the article quoted and the outcome projected in the above statement. It's not clear how the company level training exercise is going to lead to the formation of a battle group and for what purpose.

The video is interesting; Imber possibly defunct?

They've close ties with 7 RHA too. Doesn't stop them from kicking the ****e out of them on nights out in Colchester.

Actually there is alot of talk of a new super regiment being formed combining 21 and 23 SAS, the Parachute Regiment and RAF Regiment.

I can see it happening in the next 10-15 yrs.

16AAB is too lightweight, it needs more light armour/firepower/organic lift capacity when it deploys and is too dependent on light infantry to support it.

Hence why it nearly came unstuck in Afghanistan in 2006, not enough fire power on the ground to back it up.

Your original note was that :

linked to the article posted.

Interested to understand the link between the article quoted and the outcome projected in the above statement. It's not clear how the company level training exercise is going to lead to the formation of a battle group and for what purpose.

The video is interesting; Imber possibly defunct?

Its already happened, read the article.

Actually there is alot of talk of a new super regiment being formed combining 21 and 23 SAS, the Parachute Regiment and RAF Regiment.

And what would the role of this "super regiment be"...or indeed what would be the point of it?

• Advertisement

I can see it happening in the next 10-15 yrs.

16AAB is too lightweight, it needs more light armour/firepower/organic lift capacity when it deploys and is too dependent on light infantry to support it.

Hence why it nearly came unstuck in Afghanistan in 2006, not enough fire power on the ground to back it up.

Where is all this talk coming from? Care to provide a source?

Or is it just one of these things that are fact because you say so?

Advertisement