Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tailored Suits For my Wedding??

Options
  • 23-01-2014 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Im getting married next december and i want to go for a tailored suit for myself and the two groomsmen.

Is there a good brand to go for?

Im just wondering would anyone have a rough idea of the cost?

And is there any shops you'd recommend. Id be willing to travel. Based in cork/limerick.

Ive already being quoted €350 for suit hire for the three of us but i dont like the traditional wedding suit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

peege wrote: »
    Im getting married next december and i want to go for a tailored suit for myself and the two groomsmen.

Is there a good brand to go for?

Im just wondering would anyone have a rough idea of the cost?

And is there any shops you'd recommend. Id be willing to travel. Based in cork/limerick.

Ive already being quoted €350 for suit hire for the three of us but i dont like the traditional wedding suit.

If you want a decent suit and its a special occasion why not get a bespoke suit made for yourself? I've never understood why guys go out in a gammy rented suit and the woman gets to drop 10k on a dress that'll be worn once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i'd recommend Tom Murphy's in cork city (patricks street)

we used them for our wedding, my husband like you hated the normal wedding suits and wanted something he could keep and use after the big day,

so he went in, told the staff what he wanted and they recommended a brand/suit and had it made to size, he loved it felt so much more comfortable for his big day wearing it as it fitted him perfectly and now he has worn it to other weddings since so in his mind it was well worth it, we didn't even pay out that much as far as i remember as we also rented his waist coat and cravat (sp?) and matching suits with waistcoats and cravats for the groomsman best men page boy father of the bride...etc

they couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful (especially since two of the best men were abroad at the time and had to get another company to phone in the fittings or call in when they were home) but yet their suits were perfect you'd never have guessed they were rentals.

i would at least recommend you go in and talk to them and see if it is for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

ladhrann wrote: »
    ? I've never understood why guys go out in a gammy rented suit and the woman gets to drop 10k on a dress that'll be worn once.

exaggerate much do you ?

Most women dont spend 10k on a dress and most men who rent suots dont look gammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

D3PO wrote: »
    exaggerate much do you ?

Most women dont spend 10k on a dress and most men who rent suots dont look gammy.

I am making a point by way of exaggeration as you noticed. Substitute 10k for whatever value you wish, spending on wedding dresses tends to be in the thousands and on the suit the groom is wearing, in the hundreds.

Rental suits do a lot of work are often poly/wool and RTW will never look as good as something made for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

ladhrann wrote: »
    If you want a decent suit and its a special occasion why not get a bespoke suit made for yourself? I've never understood why guys go out in a gammy rented suit and the woman gets to drop 10k on a dress that'll be worn once.

I did this, spent the same as the wife. Haven't fit in it since, but it was worth it for the day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭peege

I ended up purchasing three suits in total from Lapel 1865 in Cork. Really happy with the suits.
    I just wore one for the wedding and hired out two others for the groomsmen.
    Their suits are modern and look, better on a athletic frame. I would recommend anybody looking for a modern wedding suit to check them out.

Advertisement