Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats on Next Weekend??

Options
  • 23-01-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,I'm staying in Limerick next Friday and Saturday to spend some of my hard earned cash;) (31st Jan and 1st Feb)
    is there anything good on such as gigs,comedy?
    Any pubs or venues with live music worth a mention?
    I'll be staying in the City Centre so anything within walking distance would be ideal,cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

There are a few venues in the city centre that have live music, I wouldn't imagine any comedy gigs would be on on a weekend...but you'd have to express a taste for us to help you.

There are two ways to enjoy nite life in Limerick, there is the market quarter where a lot of pubs and clubs are within a stone's throw of each other, it may or may not be your thing, typically a an 18-30 crowd, but that is not to say someone older may enjoy it.

Then you have the Mickey Martins/Bourkes Bar/Blind Pig/Tom Collins/Costelloes which would be a little alternative, it also may or may not be your thing, it is the preferred route of a lot of people, not as manic as other venues in the market quarter. I'll put it to you this way, you won't come across any stags or hens on this route.

It might be an idea to try both over the two nights, it quite easy to get around the city centre, all pubs and restuarants are within walking distance of most hotels.

On Sat morning, I recommend getting out of the hotel and having breakfast in the Milk Market, it is well worth a visit, ask reception in your hotel they will give you directions, there are also a couple of museums, art galleries and attractions well worth visiting, Hunt Museum, St Marys Cathedral and King Johns Castle, there is plenty to do and see in Limerick, your hotel will help you find something.

Have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭nicecupotay

Sorry about the delay in getting back Silentcorner,well the plan is to head out on friday night so will prob be hitting a few pubs,might start in the 18-30 ones but will prob make an exit once the elbow room starts to get cramped :p so will head to some of the other pubs then.
    Whats the story with the Milk Market?is it along the lines of the English Market in Cork?Not having breakfast in the hotel so might give it a look

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Sorry about the delay in getting back Silentcorner,well the plan is to head out on friday night so will prob be hitting a few pubs,might start in the 18-30 ones but will prob make an exit once the elbow room starts to get cramped :p so will head to some of the other pubs then.
    Whats the story with the Milk Market?is it along the lines of the English Market in Cork?Not having breakfast in the hotel so might give it a look

The very same...but different...it's got a roof...but it's outdoors...ah you'll get the idea when you see it... it is just a good option for breakfast, there are a number of food stalls down there...ironically the only thing you can't buy down there is milk!!!

The market quarter is called so after the Milk Market which the pubs/clubs are all close to, so you'll see it Friday night...

Advertisement