Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practise space

Options
  • 23-01-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm not a member of a club, and I don't have the time to join one at the minute but every so often I feel like bowling a few overs just to blow off some steam. Is there somewhere in north Dublin with some wickets I can use without having to pay an annual fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You could go around to some clubs and ask them if you could come to an arrangement, but things like insurance might be an issue for them if they are letting non-members use their nets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

To be fair all you'd need for that is a park or a bit of waste ground with a fence for a backstop. Stick a bit of a target up against the fence, stride off 22 yards and, with a couple of old balls you're sorted. Lads have been playing cricket in parks for many years.

Sure, if you wanted to play organised matches then you'd need to get used to proper facilities.

Advertisement