Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 ISO

Options
  • 23-01-2014 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My Laptop has blue screened me right in the middle of my final year project. I'm buying a new one but intend on installing windows 7 for the rest of the year - I'm used to it and don't have the time to be dicking around with a new OS.

Come summertime, I want to reinstall windows 8. Does anybody know how I can copy the OS from the new laptop to an ISO file for when I'm installing it again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Most laptops give you the option to create a set of recovery disks so if the need arises to do a clean install of the OS... usually located under All Programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I would suggest downloading a copy of windows 8 in the summer from any source you can get it from . You aren't downing anything illegal because you have a license key . Just make sure you can get the drivers from your laptop manufactures website . I would consider buying a cheap USB key and saving the drivers on to it and leaving it in your laptop bag for when you go back to windows 8 or you could do it with a DVD also . There also should be an option on your laptop to great restore disks also you could give that a shot too . Also google your laptops make and model number to see if your laptop has a recovery partition on it also .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You can make Windows 8 work more or less like Windows 7 using something like Classic Shell. Worth checking that out for a day before going to the bother of going back to W8.

I second all the advice above though, make a note of the drivers and hardware even using something like speecy. Make recovery disks and ISO if possible.

Advertisement