Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Composting and organic waste in Dublin city

Options
  • 23-01-2014 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I live in a terraced house in Dublin 8 where we use bag tags and recycling bags. We cannot use wheelie bins at all as there is nowhere to put them, and nowhere to put them out for collection without blocking the footpath.

It strikes me as crazy that my food and organic waste goes to landfill and I want to bring it somewhere where it can be composted. I do not mind making a weekly delivery. Does anyone have a solution or is there a company who would help me out? Happy to pay for it. Greyhound just offered me a wheelie bin.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

ruthobrien wrote: »
    I live in a terraced house in Dublin 8 where we use bag tags and recycling bags. We cannot use wheelie bins at all as there is nowhere to put them, and nowhere to put them out for collection without blocking the footpath.

It strikes me as crazy that my food and organic waste goes to landfill and I want to bring it somewhere where it can be composted. I do not mind making a weekly delivery. Does anyone have a solution or is there a company who would help me out? Happy to pay for it. Greyhound just offered me a wheelie bin.

Any ideas?

Do you have a back yard? Maybe you could get hold of a compost bin and compost your own material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

there's the Dolphins Barn Community Garden there between the Barn and the Player Wills site. There was talk one time of going around collecting people's organic compost. You could of course bring it down.

Saturday afternoons are your best bet.

First option would be to compost it yourself. Very satisfying...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Ah, what you want is a Recycling or Bring Centre that takes Organic Waste. The one in Rathmines does...but the DCC website is impossible to search (well, I can't find details on it anymore). You might have better luck.

Here it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maymargaret

Anyone have more ideas for safely disposing organic waste in Dublin 8? I hate to put it in my black bin bag but as with the previous post, we can only put out bags as no room for bins.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

• Advertisement
Advertisement