Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC €500 Budget

Options
  • 23-01-2014 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello I'm looking to build a gaming pc and I need some help on which parts to buy, I've a budget of €500, thank you in advance :)

1. What is your budget? [€500]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, the games I'd like to play are DayZ, rust, rome total war 2 and a few other games similar to these types.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 19 Inch

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit card

9. When are you purchasing? Next few months

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I do not need help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MeGaMaGz

Anyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Its a very tight budget including a monitor. This would make a functional gaming rig and although the CPU and GPU are just decent rather than good, at least it would be upgradeable in the future.

If you could at all I'd find another €100 or so which would net you a build with an FX6300 CPU and a R9 270 which would be a stronger rig.

Item|Price
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€33.99
    ASRock B85M-HDS, Sockel 1150, mATX|€51.44
    2 x 4GB G.Skill PC3-12800U CL11-11-11-28|€69.74
    Intel Pentium G3220 Box, LGA1150|€49.97
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€51.22
    XFX PRO450W Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply|€43.45
    HIS HD 7790 iCooler Turbo GDDR5 1024MB DP/2xDVI/HDMI|€105.96
    ASUS VS228NE|€99.00
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€523.76

So if I added in another €100 I could make a great difference in the performance? Also do HardWareVersand.de assemble the computer or do I do that when I recieve the computer parts?

Thank you for replying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

If you want to bring it ever so slightly closer to budget you could swap ASUS VS228NE with ASUS VS197DE. The monitor is pretty high quality and the value for money is great on both, but as you said you only need a 19" monitor, then that 18.5" one would save close to €20.

Other than that I'd say that the build you got is as good, if not better, than anything I could put together for that price.

Finally, as far as I know you can get Hardwareversand to assemble it for you but it costs extra. If this is your first time working with computers then you may want to pay the extra money and get it assembled for you so that you don't run the risk of damaging the CPU etc. which aren't cheap to replace.

So if I swapped the monitor for the 18.5 inch monitor I could save the 20 euro which could go to fee for HardwareVersands to build it? Also would this pc be able to run DayZ standalone on medium-high settings?

Here is the recommended specs:

Recommended:
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD Phenom II X4 940 or better
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB VRAM or better
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Hard Drive: 14 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

Thank you, MeGaMaGz :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Item|Price
    AMD FX-6300 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+|€97.39
    ASRock 960GC-GS FX, Sockel AM3+, mATX|€42.63
    4GB G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€34.23
    Sharkoon VS3-Standard Rot, ohne Netzteil|€22.20
    PowerColor Radeon R9 270 OC, 2GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort|€152.31
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€51.22
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€462.42

Monitor is going to bring it up to around 562. I'd definitely be at least getting an R9 270 for gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

yawhat! wrote: »
    Item|Price
    ASRock 960GC-GS FX, Sockel AM3+, mATX|€42.63
    4GB G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€34.23
    Sharkoon VS3-Standard Rot, ohne Netzteil|€22.20
    PowerColor Radeon R9 270 OC, 2GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort|€152.31
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€51.22
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€462.42

Monitor is going to bring it up to around 562. I'd definitely be at least getting an R9 270 for gaming

Get the MSI R9 270 151 Euro or gigabyte R9 270 147 Euro.

Both have better quality build and components.
    Powercooler are pretty ****. Imo.

So between Marco's and yawhat's build, which computer would be the best for gaming?

Thank you everyone who has helped me out :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

MeGaMaGz wrote: »
    So between Marco's and yawhat's build, which computer would be the best for gaming?

Thank you everyone who has helped me out :)

yawhat's one, and only €40 or so dearer so its a very nice effort :). 8GB would be nice but you'd manage away with 4GB in those games for the time being and it is easily added later.

marco_polo wrote: »
    yawhat's one, and only €40 or so dearer so its a very nice effort :). 8GB would be nice but you'd manage away with 4GB in those games for the time being and it is easily added later.

Just one more question, would hardwareversands assemble the pc good and if I need to add 8gb of ram later could I just open up the pc and add it in easily?

• Advertisement

Just found out today I don't need a monitor, a family member offered to buy it for me so that's some more money I could use towards the pc, what should I spent the money left over on?

Just one more question, would hardwareversands assemble the pc good and if I need to add 8gb of ram later could I just open up the pc and add it in easily?

Ram is easy. Literally slide open your case. And it slots in beside the other ram. No wires. YouTube is there also.

Just found out today I don't need a monitor, a family member offered to buy it for me so that's some more money I could use towards the pc, what should I spent the money left over on?

You can do one of three things. Just my shout.

1 - add a bigger graphics card ( r9 280x / gtx770) increasing your killing power. (will need a different PSU)

2- tweak your current set up. 10 Euro for a better PSU , 20 better mobo, 30 better case, add another 4 gigs of ram. Making it an all around better build.

3 - add a solid state hard drive for quicker os load and response times. Not really essential at all just a luxury.

What would interest you more?

I think I'd go for option 2 myself and spend it on niceties like a better case, 8GB RAM, slightly bigger 500W PSU, better motherboard, CPU cooler etc. You'd pretty much have to spend it all on a better GPU if you wnt down that road. The r9 is pretty decent card for gaming, and the rest of the stuff probably will probably outlast any GPU.

EDIT: TLDR I'd tweak the FX6300 build to something like this:

Item|Price
    Thermaltake V4 Black Edition ohne Netzteil|€37.72
    XFX PRO550W Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply|€53.43
    ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0, AM3+, ATX|€58.33
    2 x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws PC3-12800U CL9|€72.16
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€51.22

MSI R9 270 GAMING 2G, AMD Radeon R9 270, 2GB DDR5|€159.43
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€548.67

I think I'd go for option 2 myself and spend it on niceties like a better case, 8GB RAM, slightly bigger 500W PSU, better motherboard, CPU cooler etc. You'd pretty much have to spend it all on a better GPU if you wnt down that road. The r9 is pretty decent card for gaming, and the rest of the stuff probably will probably outlast any GPU.

This would be my call too. But It's his machine at the end of the day.

No offense to the sharkoon but I wouldn't wipe my snots in it let alone put a rig in.

Item|Price
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€51.22

Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€548.67

So this one would be the best out of the 3 choices?
    Also I think choice two would suit me most aswell :)

Well the above is what I would do, but as SterlingArcher it up to you :).

This one will all around give you a better pc. If you run Marcos build through the discount site you will knock a few more Euro off that total.

Ok thank you so much guys for the help, just one more question, if I couldn't buy this pc for like three months for some reason would it still be worth buying this pc or a more updated one?

Ok thank you so much guys for the help, just one more question, if I couldn't buy this pc for like three months for some reason would it still be worth buying this pc or a more updated one?

Will be cheaper and better updated, just come back will do you up another. So don't sweat it.

• Advertisement

To be honest, we wouldn't know until three months time. Parts are constantly changing and their prices constantly rise and fall. You really never know, I would say that the GPU will do you for a good two years before you'll even need to consider upgrading. Like I said though, you never know...

Ok thank you so much guys :)

All the best with your computer building experiences in the future :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Item|Price
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€51.22

Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€548.67

Hi folks,
    Just to save starting a new thread i looking to get into PC gaming and i'm wondering what kind of performance the above build would get me when playing the likes of Battlefield 3/4??

Would this build run Medium settings, 60fps, @1080p on BF3???

Hi folks,
    Just to save starting a new thread i looking to get into PC gaming and i'm wondering what kind of performance the above build would get me when playing the likes of Battlefield 3/4??

Would this build run Medium settings, 60fps, @1080p on BF3???

I'd say you could reasonably expect to go close to 60fps on high settings on BF4 and near maxing out BF3. I'd add a cpu cooler to the above as in multiplayer you'd be as well off overclocking the cpu a bit higher to keep those minimum frame rates closer to 60fps as well.

Few multipayer benches here from the beta so perfprmance is probably even better now, the r9 270 is pretty much the same as a HD7870. The FX 6300 CPU is not in the review but it shouldn't be too far off its bigger brother the 8350.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-4-graphics-card-performance,3634.html

I just have one question left, are all these parts compatible with the case and the other parts for the pc from build number 3?

I just have one question left, are all these parts compatible with the case and the other parts for the pc from build number 3?

Yep I had it there as I though it had a front USB 3.0 front port, but I was actually thinking of this one which is out of stock.

This would be a nice case either that has front USB 3.0 port but the Merc Alpha is a very nice budget case as well and any of them will work fine with the other parts.

Yep I had it there as I though it had a front USB 3.0 front port, but I was actually thinking of this one which is out of stock.

This would be a nice case either that has front USB 3.0 port but the Merc Alpha is a very nice budget case as well and any of them will work fine with the other parts.

So everything is the grid that you posted fits together like if I was to order it and asked them to assemble it there would be no problems with compatability?

Advertisement