Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre - slow at evenings

Options
  • 23-01-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I know some people experienced that as well. I just got an eFibre connection and its great during the day 65 megs download, 18 upload. But after 20 it starting to slow down, even to 3-4 megs! (bizarre that upload stays quite high, almost not affected.)

Anyone experienced that and had it sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭anotherposter

speed test to manchester

3257879649.png

speed test to vodafone dublin

3257882116.png

speed test to eircom dublin

8.51mb/0.42mb ping 78ms

Yeah I've been having the exact same issue. During the daytime it's perfect 45 meg down 17 meg up. But in the evening from maybe 8pm to 12am the download drops to 2 - 10 mb. But like you the upload is not affected. However, if I do a speed test outside of Ireland I get the full download speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lo0kash

I was on to eircom yesterday, they admitted they have some problems after severe weather conditions during Christmas. They said they hope to have it fixed within few weeks.
    It is not only efibre customers, friend of mine is on standard DSL and experiences similar issues.

lo0kash wrote: »
    I was on to eircom yesterday, they admitted they have some problems after severe weather conditions during Christmas. They said they hope to have it fixed within few weeks.
    It is not only efibre customers, friend of mine is on standard DSL and experiences similar issues.

Well at least they've acknowledged that there is a problem and that they are working to fix it. Looks like we'll just have to wait and see now.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cork981

I have the same problem for the last week or two.

I've had perfect 50/15 speeds since July but now it's drops down to 4/15 in the evenings.

No problem with SNR always at 10 and 11.

I'm in the churchfield exchange which I assumed would have considerable back haul.

Here's my speed tonight at 10.30 pm.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/748817064

• Advertisement
Advertisement