Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***OPEN*** Astro compensation

Options
  • 23-01-2014 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

A while ago I was playing at an astro pitch where football boots are banned. Unfortunately one opponent decided to wear them and as he was running past me, my thumb got caught in a cleat resulting in a moderate fracture. At first glance I thought it was only a sprain but a week later my GP said it was a fracture and sent me to the hospital. They didn't admit me and sent me a letter with an appointment for an x-ray 3 months away! I went to my GP another time to make sure everything was healing ok, but I was still in pain. This happened at the start of November, late January, waiting for my x-ray, still in pain. Can I open a case in the PIAB against the astro company? They said no football boots and that wasn't enforced. However on the door it said they do not accept liability for injuries. However I did not see the sign prior to entering as it is place at a low level at the door.
    WHAT CAN I DO!?!?!
    Thanks
    Ben
    *******SORRY BUT LAST THREAD I MADE WAS CLOSED AND I COULDN'T OPEN IT*******
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: flyboy83297, I closed your thread yesterday on my phone and forgot to post a reason later. My apologies in that regard.

You are not entitled to seek legal advice, as per the forum rules.

Please note that when a moderator takes action, such as closing threads, this is because a forum rule has been broken. You cannot decide to overrule this decision and open a new thread.

For the other members who posted in this thread, it ought to have been clear from the contents of the OP that an identical thread had already been closed. It would be appreciated if members would refrain from posting in such threads in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement