Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French please help >.<

Options
  • 22-01-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

French is probably the subject that's stressing me out the most, when studying for it, I go completely blank.

Where do I begin, Study grammar, Oral, Phrases, I don't know.

It's really frustrating especially after my exams and end up with a disappointing result.

I'm probably worse at Reading Comprehensions, I get stuck when there's a word I don't understand.

Could someone please help me in how I could really improve on my French, in each section.

(I'm doing Higher Level, If my mocks don't go well, I have no choice but to drop.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

I'm kinda like yourself I suppose with the French plus on top of it all if have a bad teacher which doesn't make things any easier! Here's a few points I'd recommend.

- Firstly, with the oral - have a notebook with your phrases for each section. Learn off the basic questions such as family, school etc very well and that will stand to you. Also, have you considered preparing a document?

- With aural tests, listen listen listen! Go over each past aural test until you can safely say you know what they're talking about. There will also be a news section so perhaps listen to some news in French. Also, I've downloaded the aurals for the past few years onto my mobile and listen to it when I'm out and about. For my junior, I listened to some French that morning in the car and it was really worthwhile.

- Reading comprehensions - exam papers. Assess yourself and remember that the last question is the biggie! Have a look also at the different types of verbs and grammar expressions and revise them.

- Writing - again practice. Try to cover each topic that you can think of. Learn of some phrases like 'en revanche' 'au début de' etc which will spice things up.

Op, there really are so many resources online. I really love about.com - they have a brilliant French section.

Best of luck and don't give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlazingBladeDA

Thanks :D I'm gonna take your advise to heart and hope I do well in my exams.

Thanks Again

Advertisement