Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent allowance limit

Options
  • 22-01-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

hi i have lost my job and will apply for rent allowance tommorow.
    i am paying 550 euro,however according to welfare website rent limit in my county is 500 euro
    does that mean i wont be getting it at all because i am 50e over limit?
    or social welfare officer will calculate taking in mind only 500e limit and will ignore 50 euro over limit?

also since i am renting (3 years ago) i always pay landlord cash.so officialy i am not renting from him,he doesnt have rent book.
    If i will go rent supplement route,he needs get legal.Will he have to pay any taxes?my house is only property he is letting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Yes it means the rent can be a maximum of €500, you will have to ask for a reduction. As for whether the LL is legal, he may be, don't assume he isn't. But yes, he needs to sign forms, and he will be caught by Revenue if he is not tax compliant.

Advertisement