Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-Time Bingo Cards. (Casual JA)

Options
  • 22-01-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭

So, I finally got a job which'll give me about 2-3 days work a week, depending. Maybe with the chance of going fulltime in the future if business keeps picking up.

Great.

Went to the Office on Monday and had JA suspended to go onto the casual dockets.They gave me forms for my new employer to sign and have back within a week and I expected to get them done on the Tuesday which was Day 1 of work but it got held up by sheer chaos and put on the back burner.

He told me today that he mightn't be able to get them done until the weekend because he literally doesn't have the time during the week to actually do it, which means the earliest I can get them back to the welfare is next Monday. (Or likely Tuesday)

In fairness to the guy, he's completely burned out already and I'm his first employee. The fulltime guy he hired at the same time's still finishing out his notice.

But, is this going to cause a problem? I'm not going to get bumped off JA completely if it's late am I? Or will payment just be suspended until I get it in.

There's also the issue with the dockets and collecting payment. I have one of them for the Tuesday only, but without the other forms, is there a point in sending it in as an orphan?

Normally I got the dole on Monday from the Post Office, how does it work with these? Nobody gave me a date or anything.

It seems like everyone else is able to figure out intuitively how the system works but me....

Even part-time, I get paid monthly, so although I know the dole's getting cut down to something like 20-40 a week (depending), if this drags on for a week or two or something gets cancelled, I'm going to have a problem.

Advertisement