Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart tv

Options
  • 22-01-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi if I get a new smart tv I know I can watch stuff from the internet on it like youtube for example, if I did a presentation in xl or Microsoft work could I also present these on a smart tv and what would I need to make this happen.
    is there any brand of smart tv that is the best one to get

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭bop1977

The skoda octavia does everything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

BMW all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

only smarties have the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

Have you considered a Smart Car as a possible alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Have you considered the Galaxy S ?

It's got lots of seats, could be kind of a home cinema

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'd be more concerned about how you would fit it into the headrests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Your ideas intrigue me. I wish to subscribe to your monthly magazine

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That would be an ecumenical matter

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

moved from Motors...

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    moved from Motors...

I was wondering what was going on with this thread until I saw this. :)

To the OP's Q:
    TV's like any piece of kit vary depending on an awful lot of factors.

If I were you, I would take a presentation on a USB stick, and go around a few shops and ask them what have they got in terms of Smart TVs, you can plug in your USB stick and see it in action.

I haven't heard of Smart TV's having that capability, but you never know.
    If they are just image files, you could certainly do a slideshow with no issues what so ever. Office applications would be a different matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Milkman2012

am new to boards i'm afraid, thanks to the person who moved the thread and thank you for getting back to me, i may go ahead and get a smart tv anyway as I only have four channels and its a good way to get extra viewing material, am not really a tv person but would be nice to able to play meditation or yoga videos etc from youtube, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Hi if I get a new smart tv I know I can watch stuff from the internet on it like youtube for example, if I did a presentation in xl or Microsoft work could I also present these on a smart tv and what would I need to make this happen.
    is there any brand of smart tv that is the best one to get

thanks

I'm not sure about xl or works but you can do it with Power Point.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ie/powerpoint-help/turn-your-presentation-into-a-video-HA010336763.aspx
    If you don't have the full office inc Power Point their are other office applications that include presentation software. Kingsoft office is free and has a similar interface. Can't say for sure if they have the same 'to video' option.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Milkman2012

thanks for that

Advertisement