Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is €450 a lot for a double room in Castleknock?

Options
  • 22-01-2014 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is €450 a lot a month for a double room? It's a new house, gorgeous in fairness in castleknock. My family think it's very dear but friend say that's average for dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shedzafew

I would be very happy paying €450 For a decent sized double room in a new house in Castleknock provided there was some form of parking availability

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

its pretty average to be honest.

Look at it this way if it is a 3 bed house that's got a box room you could assume that's €1,200 a month to rent it. 450 for the doubles 300 for the single room.

Might sound like a lot to your family but Im guessing they don't rent so really wouldn't be an authority on what is a lot and what isn't unless they are interested in the property market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

I've been paying €350 all along so another €100 is prob a lot to them, no they are not in the property market at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

has the rent in the same property gone from 350 to 450 ? that's a big increase.

Its probably still within market rates but if its just the increase on the same place id certainly be trying to negotiate the amount with the LL.

D3PO wrote: »
    has the rent in the same property gone from 350 to 450 ? that's a big increase.

Its probably still within market rates but if its just the increase on the same place id certainly be trying to negotiate the amount with the LL.

No it's a different house

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    Hi

Is €450 a lot a month for a double room? It's a new house, gorgeous in fairness in castleknock. My family think it's very dear but friend say that's average for dublin?

Thanks

That would be about right in the current market. Pity it hasn't an ensuite though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

10 years ago I was paying €550 for a smallish double room in Donnybrook. So I think that's pretty good actually.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Hi

Thanks

€450 isn't bad at all.

I know rooms will rent for €650 in D4/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

That is about right for a nice room in a nice house in that area.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi

Thanks

There isn't an average for Dublin- some areas in Dublin are very very expensive- other areas are very very reasonable. Look at it this way- where are you working/studying? Is it convenient for these purposes. Is it near convenient public transport (even us car drivers like the option to hop on the bus from time to time). Are there facilities and amenities close by.

You've had annecdotes about Donnybrook, Dublin 4/6 in this thread- Castleknock is nowhere near any of these areas- and it would be as accurate to talk about a really nice apartment just off Spanish Arch in Galway, to be honest- they are complete red herrings.

If you are price sensitive but still want a reasonable area- look at the vast hinterland of West Dublin- you'll doubtless get a very nice room for significantly less than this.

As it stands- you haven't really given us a lot of information- if its a nice room, in a nice area, that you want to live in, and other rooms in the area are renting for a comparable amount- then, yes, its probably fair value.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

what part of castleknock theres the nice part and not so nice

It's a nice part of castleknock - I took it anyways :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It's a nice part of castleknock - I took it anyways :)

Cool. On that note, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement