Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a secondhand Startrite Bandsaw serviced in Dublin??

Options
  • 22-01-2014 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hello,

I want to buy a bandsaw - looking out for a secondhand Startrite 352E if anyone knows of anyone selling? - My question is whether I can get a secondhand Startrite bandsaw fixed in Dublin.

I don't want to risk buying secondhand and out of warranty with no way to fix it were something to fail / break or need replacing.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Swift66 wrote: »
    Hello,

I want to buy a bandsaw - looking out for a secondhand Startrite 352E if anyone knows of anyone selling? - My question is whether I can get a secondhand Startrite bandsaw fixed in Dublin.

I don't want to risk buying secondhand and out of warranty with no way to fix it were something to fail / break or need replacing.

Cheers

There's very little to go wrong with them. Parts are easily got and they are very simple to work on so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Second hand British stuff tends to be pricey - you might have to use a UK outlet like Scott and Sergeant.
    If your budget will stretch have a look at the Hammer n4400 (1 or 3 phase ),it has a 4 hp motor - I'm very pleased with mine.

Advertisement