Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSRA - Fit for purpose ?

Options
  • 22-01-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

As we were getting off topic on another thread thought it would be interesting to have a discussion about the PSRA and their effectiveness or lack thereof in the property sector.

Would be good to hear form anybody that has had any involvement with them. How the complaints process went, what level of feedback they received and what if any sanctions were taken against the PSP (Property Service Provider)

My own personal view is they are nothing more than a toothless quango. I've never heard of any serious sanctions taken against any PSP despite the fact we all know of multiple problems from EA's etc.

I find it disturbing that there is no detail accessible on their website about complaints at all. No detail even from a very high level (which would not breach data protection laws) of how many complaints were received, how many upheld, how many fines handed out, how many license's revoked.

To me that alone that is a very dubious thing. You would think a regulator would want to promote the job they are doing, but these guys don't.

Out of curiosity I have just emailed them, it will be interesting to see what I get in response.

Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:43 PM
    To: 'info@psr.ie'
    Subject: Investigations and Complaints Adjudication

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
    Good afternoon.

Is there a public record showing details of complaints made and the outcome and sanctions of these complaints from the PSRA ? I cannot seem to see any record of such things and would like to understand how the PRSA have been shaping the property industry since they became the regulatory body.

Regards

xxxxxxx

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

D3PO wrote: »
    Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Can I get a replacement set of SBS CDs for an R720 please? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Immediately this sends off alarm bells. Think Im going to have to follow this up with the Minister for housing and see if I can make a FOI request too.

Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:14 PM
    To: XXXXXXX
    Subject: Investigations and Complaints Adjudication

Dear XXXXXXX,
    There is no public record of complaints made, investigations carried out by the Authority or of any sanctions that may have been applied.

Regards
    XXXXX

Advertisement