Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lump on baby's shoulder

Options
  • 22-01-2014 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

My 6 month old has a lump on his shoulder, its maybe about the size of a prune. Its not hurting him and we can move it about. Our GP has referred us on to the pediatrician in our area and says that it feels very benine. Just want some peace of mind. baby is fine and growing, eating well. This lump isnt bothering him in anyway and we can touch it and move it without him paying attention. It has only come up in the last week or so, I havent noticed it before this week.

Just wondering has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Waiting for our referral letter as I type!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Just had a lump checked on my baby's groin in the crease between his leg and groin- it turned out to be fine, was a swollen gland. I would try and not worry. I know it's harder said than done but the majority of the time these things turn out to be something small and simple!

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

Thank you so much for replying!!! All I needed was someone to tell me they had gone through this before!! The GP said its nothing serious but when I told my parents and OH thats when all the what ifs started flying around!! Thanks again!! I'll post an update once he's seen in case anyone else comes along looking for an answer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm sorry OP we cannot give medical advice, even people suggesting what their own children's lumps were could be construed in such a way. I'm closing the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement