Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC - centric sites

Options
  • 22-01-2014 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

So I'm gearing up to get back in to PC gaming after a long absence (Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen sucking me back).

I'm looking for website recommendations for PC reviews. Most of the usual suspects review on console and don't mention the PC version, apart from the odd Digital Foundry article on the biggest releases.

As great as I know the PC is, some PC versions / ports are woeful. I've got a PS4 too, so I'd like a website that can help me choose between console or PC versions.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rockpapershotgun.com ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rock paper shotgun is the PC-centric site that I use, but they don't do comparisons to console, just take the game on its PC merits. They're often up their own hole at times too, but they are the best out in my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Personally I tend to go with TotalBiscuit's youtube WTF is... series as he tends to point out any differences/issues but I prefer to see actual gameplay rather then a paid review on paper these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Rockpapershotgun is one of the better sites out there. I also use PCGamer.com. They'll sometimes compare to console versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nody wrote: »
    Personally I tend to go with TotalBiscuit's youtube WTF is... series as he tends to point out any differences/issues but I prefer to see actual gameplay rather then a paid review on paper these days.

I'll second that. I use him too. Most often he does what needs to be done. Shows gameplay, says any issues the game has etc. Most often it's just a good first impressions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

cool, thanks for the suggestions!

Advertisement