Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resi 4 coming to Steam !

Options
  • 22-01-2014 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Has been lauded as the best in the series and one of the best games of all time for a while now.
    Was one of the only Resis I never got to play. Loved 3, 5 was decent.

Delighted it's coming to Steam :D, get to see what all the hype was about :)
    - Stunning HD running at a smooth 60 frames per second for the first time.

-A complete visual overhaul has been performed to bring this revered title to the highest graphical quality ever.

-Fully optimized for the wide screen, texts have been sharpened and textures have been upgraded on characters, backgrounds and in-game objects.

-Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards, and full game controller support.

-Native keyboard and mouse support with customizable key binding, mouse sensitivity, and mouse acceleration settings.

-This new PC version will include everything from the prior iterations including subtitle support in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese as well as previously released bonus content such as the Separate Ways epilogue.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700/

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fantastic game, and nice to see a proper version is now playable on the pc, without having to mod even basic functionality back into it. Was one of the worst ports i've ever come across originally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I wonder if it'll have mouse and controller support. I'm still crossing my fingers for a decent DMC3 port.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Amazing game. One of my favs. Im actually playing it again at the minute and its just brilliant. Has that one more go, or just a little further quality that very few newer games have these days, including Resi 5 and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I got stuck on the arena area with 2 big giants and never went back :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You could kill one by dropping him into the furnace and fight the other normally.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just to note, there's no actual remastering done to this version, ie no high res texture upgrades. There's also rumors of 60FPS cap. If the game is easily moddable (for high res texture) and I can apply an ENB then the game will probably look better than anything CAPCOM could attempt to do.

I'm a little bit weary of this as well given it's CAPCOM and there's a whole lot of buzzwords - "Ultimate HD" version. Not only does "HD" mean nothing on PC but "ultimate HD" sounds pretty noobie of CAPCOM, like they just discovered higher than 1080 resolutions for the first time, none of which this version seems to be able to do any better than any other properly developed game. Textures in the trailer look vanilla. Hopefully they have proper KB/M control. I think the game will be a lot easier like that though, so maybe you're able to turn off the laser or something otherwise it'll probably be like shooting fish in a barrel - the gameplay was designed with a controller in mind afterall.

Edit:

I won't be getting it. I'm not paying for the game again and this is is 7 years too late. They're not doing this as an apology (they'd patch the original if they gave a crap) they're 100% doing it for the money because they just recently admitted they don't care about the RE series and all its now-old fans can go screw themselves, there's a less financially responsible pocket-money grabbing YOLO generation to exploit. This is them squeezing the toothpaste to the last drop with RE4. I can play the PS2 version, the PS3 version on their actual consoles or I can go ahead and emulate the GC/Wii version if I get my hands on a copy. In fact that's what I recommend to anyone absolutely dying to see RE4 on their monitor with some graphic improvements. €20 is too much for a game this old with so little improvements and they practically owe this to the PC gamers they screwed over the first time. In fact, they should totally allow your original key for 2007 release to work on this... but that's also not going to happen, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

YEAH! we should all pirate it!*

*don't do that

best on the wii - controller worked very well i thought.

Think I'll wait until it comes out so I can hear about how good it performs until I put down any money. Capcom ports seem to be quite solid recently.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

RE4 was is one of my favourite games of all time. Love it so much but the original PC port was such a travesty. Not sure if I'd bother paying for this again though but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Just to note, there's no actual remastering done to this version, ie no high res texture upgrades. There's also rumors of 60FPS cap. If the game is easily moddable (for high res texture) and I can apply an ENB then the game will probably look better than anything CAPCOM could attempt to do.

I'm a little bit weary of this as well given it's CAPCOM and there's a whole lot of buzzwords - "Ultimate HD" version. Not only does "HD" mean nothing on PC but "ultimate HD" sounds pretty noobie of CAPCOM, like they just discovered higher than 1080 resolutions for the first time, none of which this version seems to be able to do any better than any other properly developed game. Textures in the trailer look vanilla. Hopefully they have proper KB/M control. I think the game will be a lot easier like that though, so maybe you're able to turn off the laser or something otherwise it'll probably be like shooting fish in a barrel - the gameplay was designed with a controller in mind afterall.

Edit:

I won't be getting it. I'm not paying for the game again and this is is 7 years too late. They're not doing this as an apology (they'd patch the original if they gave a crap) they're 100% doing it for the money because they just recently admitted they don't care about the RE series and all its now-old fans can go screw themselves, there's a less financially responsible pocket-money grabbing YOLO generation to exploit. This is them squeezing the toothpaste to the last drop with RE4. I can play the PS2 version, the PS3 version on their actual consoles or I can go ahead and emulate the GC/Wii version if I get my hands on a copy. In fact that's what I recommend to anyone absolutely dying to see RE4 on their monitor with some graphic improvements. €20 is too much for a game this old with so little improvements and they practically owe this to the PC gamers they screwed over the first time. In fact, they should totally allow your original key for 2007 release to work on this... but that's also not going to happen, ever.

I remember reading that at the time RE6 came out, they said there was no market for survival horror.

Since then though, I remember reading recently (and I'm pretty sure it was from a thread on Boards) some guy from Capcom, can't remember who, saying that they're thinking about bringing RE7 back to the survival horror genre. This is because Leon's campaign in RE6 was considered far, far superior to Jake's and Chris's. Hope it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

If they open the workshop to it (aka allow modding to oblivion), might be worth a punt. Get it up on nexus, get some serious mods - brand new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Such a brilliant game on PS2 and the extra campaign with Ada was class as well. I only played Leon's part of Resi 6. Would have been good if it was called something else with different characters. I heard Chris and other guy's parts only got worse so didn't even bother. I wonder if Resi 7 will be announced anytime soon.

Also, anyone else not able to access the Resi forum on Boards?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought the PS2 version looked awful compared to the Gamecube version but it was the best you could hope for on PS2. If this version is based on the recent Resi 4 HD on consoles then it will have all the PS2 extras but with the Gamecubes extra polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Such a brilliant game on PS2 and the extra campaign with Ada was class as well. I only played Leon's part of Resi 6. Would have been good if it was called something else with different characters. I heard Chris and other guy's parts only got worse so didn't even bother. I wonder if Resi 7 will be announced anytime soon.

Also, anyone else not able to access the Resi forum on Boards?

Don't recall the Ada campaign being on the wii version? Is it accessible on the Ps2 without completing it as I have that somewhere too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sweetie wrote: »
    Don't recall the Ada campaign being on the wii version? Is it accessible on the Ps2 without completing it as I have that somewhere too.

It's definitely on the Wii version.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't remember if you have to clear it or not, think you do but well worth a playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I finished it on wii so will refresh my memory and check if I played it. cheers

Advertisement