Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy weights/dumbells in Waterford

Options
  • 22-01-2014 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi there,

I'm looking for a wider variety of hand weights than what argos offers. I'm hoping to move up to around 8lbs. then 12 lbs. I cant find any in Waterford, tried TK Maxx too, they're either too low or too high in weight. Does anybody know where I might find ones to suit me?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

They sell them in some of the sports shops - I've seen them in the one in the Lisduggan SC. Not sure of the weights, though I do remember they were listed in kgs.

You could also try the supplements shops, such as the one next to P. Larkin in Blackfriars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

The last time I was out looking at books in the St. Bridget's charity shop on Tramore road there was a basket of weights for sale. That was a week or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TheGovernor

old gregg wrote: »
    The last time I was out looking at books in the St. Bridget's charity shop on Tramore road there was a basket of weights for sale. That was a week or so ago.

Haha fairly random, I'll head down tomorrow to see if there's any left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Argos normally stock some weightlifting gear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

look at donedeal etc

buy and sell paper

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Hi there,

I'm looking for a wider variety of hand weights than what argos offers. I'm hoping to move up to around 8lbs. then 12 lbs. I cant find any in Waterford, tried TK Maxx too, they're either too low or too high in weight. Does anybody know where I might find ones to suit me?

Thanks!

Not sure if its an option but consider joining a local Gym. 250 a year in Goldstones and the Weight machines and Weight area are stellar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

yes join goldstone

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

yes join goldstone

You still getting reduced membership for plugging Goldstone on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TheGovernor

You still getting reduced membership for plugging Goldstone on here?

Nah I'm grand haha I'll tip away at it at home, I love workout videos Popsugar fitness youtube channel has some good ones only 10 mins a go too. (I'm not affiliated)

• Advertisement

Nah I'm grand haha I'll tip away at it at home, I love workout videos Popsugar fitness youtube channel has some good ones only 10 mins a go too. (I'm not affiliated)

Of course, I wasn't aiming that comment at you at all.

Anyone who says "join a gym" when someone asks about buying dumbbells is a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

You could also try the supplements shops, such as the one next to P. Larkin in Blackfriars.[/QUOTE]

Guy in there is a knob, don't bother cos he will probably just grunt at you if you are not already on steroids. I went in there last year while training for a specific endurance event that was using a specific brand of energy drink and gels during the event. I was looking to buy a few boxes of gels and tubs of energy drink to use in training for the event. One of the well known brands in fact. His response when he lifted his head was " we don't sell that s*i* in here" and put his head down again.

Then people wonder why local shops don't work. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 warrior_blaze

You could also try the supplements shops, such as the one next to P. Larkin in Blackfriars.

i know the chap well, he prob did'nt like the look of ya, either that or the roma gypsies pissed him off that day, he a sound bloke really ya just have to know how to take him

i know the chap well, he prob did'nt like the look of ya, either that or the roma gypsies pissed him off that day, he a sound bloke really ya just have to know how to take him

If this is true he deserves to go out of business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 warrior_blaze

if its gels your after altitude up in ballybricken might sell em or waterford cycles out in johnstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

You see that's the problem right there, as the customer it is not up to me to know how to take the shop keeper, it is up to the shop keeper to know how to deal with his customers.

They most likely all won't be members of the weightlifting club that he belongs too so in order to make a success of his business he might need to open his mind to other sports people. I am sure this particular guy has a lot of knowledge that he could offer other sports people who might return to his shop to purchase something or even recommend his shop and knowledge to others.

Anyway he does not stock the Sh*t I was looking for so I bought it elsewhere and they were happy to have my repeat business.

Advertisement