Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowhere to play snooker in limerick and poor customer care in the Vic snooker club

Options
  • 22-01-2014 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Went up to the Vic tonight for a game of snooker to my disappointment all tables were in use ur man said we would be waiting half an hour for a table so we decided to have a game of pool in the back room when we walked in three of the tables have been taken out leaving only 6 full size tables available hour and a half passed and no sign of getting a table in the mean time three or four fellas walked in after us and got a game they must be members so the tables are held on top of that st michaels has closed stix got rid of there snooker tables so were can u get a game of snooker in limerick now as I would never go back to the Vic again as they have the worst customer care iv ever seen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Jofspring

As far as I know Funworld on the Ennis Road has snooker tables in where Snakes and Ladders used to be.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm pretty sure the Vic is set to close down in the next few weeks. They have players representing the club at an upcoming competition, and once that's over the club is gone. Complaining about the place when it's on death's door is a bit petty, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Full stops and commas OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭fran38

St micks is reopening this Friday (24th). The usual room won't be in operation but there will be two snooker tables and four pool tables available on the third floor(the ones that were in the Vic). A guy who's part of the snooker scene here is trying to get this up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭fran38

You can join st johns snooker club (building facing you as you walk up upper William st). You need a member to 'invite' you in to join. Lovely tables there (two or three only. Run on a metre)

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure the Vic is set to close down in the next few weeks. They have players representing the club at an upcoming competition, and once that's over the club is gone. Complaining about the place when it's on death's door is a bit petty, to be honest.

Ah come on now IO! I don't think the OP knew the place was on its knees!

I actually thought it closed years ago to be honest :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah come on now IO! I don't think the OP knew the place was on its knees!

I actually thought it closed years ago to be honest :o

Fair point! One of the lads off my soccer team plays there pretty often and he gave me some of the story last week.

I think it closed and reopened a few times. There used to be arcade-style games and stuff, then loads of pool tables, then mostly snooker and some pool, then late-night card games, and then the way it's been for the last few years. It went through phases of being extra strict about membership as well. Seems the game has gone out of fashion altogether in Ireland at the moment.

Fair point! One of the lads off my soccer team plays there pretty often and he gave me some of the story last week.

I think it closed and reopened a few times. There used to be arcade-style games and stuff, then loads of pool tables, then mostly snooker and some pool, then late-night card games, and then the way it's been for the last few years. It went through phases of being extra strict about membership as well. Seems the game has gone out of fashion altogether in Ireland at the moment.

I remember it all too well. Spent the majority of my secondary school years there.

We actually had the afters of our debs in the Vic in 07. Classy eh? Some craic from what I can remember.

Remember when it had quazar (laser tag) years and years ago?

We actually had the afters of our debs in the Vic in 07. Classy eh? Some craic from what I can remember.

We had the afters for our debs there as well. :P Or, as the lads had to call it, "The Event". It wasn't very comfortable in there in the middle of the night with lads playing cards in the same room!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I used to love the Vic in the 90's, spending ages playing Mortal Kombat, and that cool thing upstairs where you could rent consoles out for an hour

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

krudler wrote: »
    I used to love the Vic in the 90's, spending ages playing Mortal Kombat, and that cool thing upstairs where you could rent consoles out for an hour

That arcade was savage. Killer Instint for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Has the CIE club on Carey's Road still have their snooker tables?

Advertisement