Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Orals Sraith Pictiurs!

Options
  • 21-01-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone know if im better off saying my sraith pictuirs in past or present tense? does either sound better or does it matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 IrishLad1996

I think it's a bit easier to say them in past tense. I don't think it matters too much as long as you can say them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

From what I hear from the Irish teachers, the tense doesn't matter as long as you stick in the one tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Past is generally easier. It doesn't really matter though - whatever works best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP, but just wondering something...
    A few weeks ago our irish teacher told us not to say too much on the sraith pic in the oral (HL) because if you go on for ages you can't start the conversation which is what the bulk of the oral marks are going for, so she told us to keep the sentences short and to the point but using the relevant vocab.
    The yesterday, she contradicted herself by telling us no matter the quality of what you say if you only say 2 sentence per picture that that is a D in the sraith picture part of the oral.
    Can someone enlighten me to which statement might be more accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I've actually done both as I moved class the start of sixth year and my old class off present tense and in this one it's past.

Past is a lot easier in my opinion for these :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

A few weeks ago our irish teacher told us not to say too much on the sraith pic in the oral (HL) because if you go on for ages you can't start the conversation which is what the bulk of the oral marks are going for, so she told us to keep the sentences short and to the point but using the relevant vocab.
    The yesterday, she contradicted herself by telling us no matter the quality of what you say if you only say 2 sentence per picture that that is a D in the sraith picture part of the oral.

Apparently 4 sentences per picture is honours standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

They said 7 sentences when the sraith was released in the beginning for the A1 but I think they overestimated this and as far as I know 4-5 would be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dazzy123

Try timing yourself while saying one of them. If you go over 5 minutes you'll probably start to lose marks.

Advertisement