Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric boiler

Options
  • 21-01-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi all! I am looking for more information on the best source of heating. I am currently going to do a major renovation and would like to ask the best option for heating. I have been told of oil filled electric radiators (not the best), electric boiler that will heat any rad (initial investment on the electric boiler but I save on the on going costs) finally electric radiators. Any thoughts on these options? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Id imagine youd need 3 phase power to run a electric boiler.

Are you sure you've the right name

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

What the guy explained was it works like acstandard central heating using the electric boiler and there will be some pipework that connects to the radiators to heat it up. There is a option to zone (heat water and/or rads) and timer as well.

Any linky

http://www.heating-distributors.ie/sustainable-boilers.php

the guy from dimplex says that the electric boilers are part of renewable energy. do you know about these: http://www.glendimplexireland.com/catalogue/domestic_heating/installed_heating/Quantum/index.htm

Even there biggest it would want to be a small house.

Gas boiler imo is best

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I cannot see how they could be as efficient as stand-alone heaters. Any controls on the boiler can also be applied to electric heaters.
    I have to read more about these. I cannot see how there could even be a market for such an item.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Any feedback on the quantum heater by dimplex?

Advertisement