Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help PLEASE?!

Options
  • 21-01-2014 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi, I hope there is a simple enough answer to this (coz I'm a simple enough guy!)
    How do I set a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet so that any files I download will store directly onto the external sd card I inserted into it?And not onto the device's own storage.I bought the tab for my daughter for Christmas but despite going into My Files and settings and then selecting extSdCard as my Home Directory, anytime I try to download something I get a message saying not enough space left.????Its as if its still trying to store it on the device itself.The Sd card is completely empty.
    Also one more similar question.How do I move stuff from the device to the Sd card please?
    Many thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

In the Internet window press the options button, settings, advanced, default storage

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

We got it, thanks cork!We also are managing to move things on to the extSdCard by dragging and dropping from My Files.
    One other question if I may.How many movies (I'm talking kids ones, Frozen,Tangled,etc)would I fit onto a 16G card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

ankaragucu wrote: »
    We got it, thanks cork!We also are managing to move things on to the extSdCard by dragging and dropping from My Files.
    One other question if I may.How many movies (I'm talking kids ones, Frozen,Tangled,etc)would I fit onto a 16G card?
    Depends entirely on the size / quality of the film. If it's generic / common DVDRips from torrents that average 700MB each, then you will fit 22-23.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

advertsfox wrote: »
    Depends entirely on the size / quality of the film. If it's generic / common DVDRips from torrents that average 700MB each, then you will fit 22-23.

Thanks advertsfox, that's grand, considering my kids watch the same movie three times in a row if you let them!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grey_Goose

GALAXY NOTE II
    Hello techies. Hope someone can help with this problem. I have synched Music Files using Windows Media Player to external SD Card on Galaxy Note II. When I chose the music app all the artists are showing. When I choose the album it brings up the list of songs but when I choose any song I get a message "Error This item is no longer available OK" When I choose "OK" it reverts back to the list of songs but I cannot get past the error message. Hope someone can help with a solution to this problem please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grey_Goose

corkgsxr wrote: »
    In the Internet window press the options button, settings, advanced, default storage

Hello Corkgsxr

Is there a chance you might be able to help me with the following, I am not very used to boards. I have raised it as a general question:- Please and thx.

GALAXY NOTE II
    Hello techies. Hope someone can help with this problem. I have synched Music Files using Windows Media Player to external SD Card on Galaxy Note II. When I chose the music app all the artists are showing. When I choose the album it brings up the list of songs but when I choose any song I get a message "Error This item is no longer available OK" When I choose "OK" it reverts back to the list of songs but I cannot get past the error message. Hope someone can help with a solution to this problem please.

Advertisement