Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to buy Terrapins

Options
  • 28-11-2004 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi guys. im looking for some terrapins. Ive never had apet of my own and now that im a big grown up now i think its time. Anybody know of a good petshop where i will get these little creatures.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Have you read up about them? You do know that they grow quite a bit? Plus there is a risk that they carry samonella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Terrepins that are sold over here are actually red eared sliders - my local pet store often has them - but the 50cent piece sized turtle will acctually get to the size of a dinner plate! They bite, eat loads & will need to be in a large tank or in a pond outside - I have 5 at the moment in a 4x2x2foot tank it needs cleaning every 2 weeks cause it stinks! they need a heat lamp too & calcium & vitamins.

Do loads of research - they can carry salmonella like most reptiles/turtles/amphibians I have had no problems - just wash hands after you handle them - TBH most pets have certian zoomorphic dieseses - Pregnant mice and hamster can cause a pregnant human to miscarry! if you keep pets you had to be sensible! but no need to panic too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Oh i just think they are really cute. Didnt know there was so much work. i think my two kids will do for now. thanks for the advice

Advertisement