Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 4G - Launching Jan 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

4G is here.

And it's FREE for all our customers.

From January 27th we will be rolling out our new 4G network to all our customers on Bill Pay and Prepay. 4G will be free for all customers until July 31st. All you need is a 4G ready device.

No fuss. Just 4G as it should be.

BOOM !

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

4G is available to all our customers, for free, from January 27th until July 31st.
    From August 1st 4G will be available for purchase through an add on for €4.99 for Bill Pay and Broadband customers. Pricing for Prepay customers will be confirmed shortly. For full terms click here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭SteM

Looking forward to seeing their full proposition. Surely they can't be offering AYCE 4G data for €4.99 per month can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

SteM wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing their full proposition. Surely they can't be offering AYCE 4G data for €4.99 per month can they?

I think it's 4.99 per month on top of your existing contract. ie 4.99 to upgrade whatever data cap you have from 3G to 4G.

Dudda wrote: »
    I think it's 4.99 per month on top of your existing contract. ie 4.99 to upgrade whatever data cap you have from 3G to 4G.

Yeah, I understand that. An extra €4.99 seems like good value for AYCE 4g data if that's the case - about €25 total bill per month. I thought it might be an extra €4.99 per month for 4g data for the first 5 gigs and you get downgraded to 3g for the rest of the month after that or something. The reps on the Ask Three board have clarified it since I last posted though.

• Advertisement

My 6 month O2 contract was up today so I switched to Three which I had planned to do before the 4G announcement. My number was ported this afternoon, I switched on my phone and the 4G logo came up at the top. Downloaded OOKLA Speedtest and am getting D/L speed of 27.054Mbs and an upload speed of 2.43Mbs.

Not too sure if that's good?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

q8uh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭GusherING

Any sign of this actually happening? I have a HTC One and all my software seems up to date. However there is no LTE option in my network settings.

It's almost three weeks on from the launch, so it's a bit of a joke.

Advertisement