Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SUSI haven't got a clue

• 21-01-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My son was awarded the special grant for 2012/2013. We applied for the grant for this year and he was awarded the non adjacent grant. The only change in our circumstances was that my wife returned to college as a mature student. This meant that she was on JSA for the first half of the year and BTEA the second half. We supplied SUSI with a statement from the department of social welfare for my wife's benefits along with my notice of assessment from the revenue as I'm self employed. Our total income still fell below the threshold of €22,700. SUSI reassessed our application and after two weeks or claim for the special grant was declined. I appealed on the 27th of November 2013. I was supposed to hear the outcome of the appeal within 30 days. I contacted SUSI on the 7th of January and was told this would be escalated to the appeals board and that I would receive a phone call within 48 hours. Today is the 21st of January and I've had to ring again. All I got was an apology and that it would be escalated again and that I should hear something by the end of the week. I'm fit to kill at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Contact student union, tell them the situation the may be able to ring on your behalf and get a status update. People had problems waiting on a SUSI grant previously and student union sent around emails saying for anyone that was waiting on a SUSI grant to contact them so they may be able to help with your particular issue.

If your son is particularly stuck for money, be it for food / bills etc... contact student union about that as well, they should be able to do something.

• Company Representative Posts: 149 Verified rep SUSI: Shane

Hi Stefsmith,

If you would like us to view your son's application and try to assist you with the above issue, please private message us with the following details for him:

- (W) Reference number
    - Date of birth
    - Address
    - His mother's maiden name

Thanks in advance and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
    Shane,
    SUSI HelpDesk

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Elizabeth Smith

Hi Shane, would one qualify for a mature student grant if they attended a private college for their degree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

You may not get a reply for a while from a representative from SUSI by posting here.

Perhaps create a new post over at the SUSI talk to located here should get a better response.

Advertisement