Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you Go

Options
  • 21-01-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi

What are the best deals on pay as you go for calls, txts and in particular data in Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

For me I found Tesco to offer the best deal.

I top up for €15 a month and because I have a tesco club card (just sign up in store) I get free calls to all landline and mobile networks or texts you decide. You'll get 5GB per month free for the first three months (ending soon) and so because you have free calls (having chosen this option) and free data you can use €10 of your credit to get unlimited texts. You also get 200 free web texts along with 50 international to use online.

Currently I have well over €15 in credit, I have 5GB of data so I use the on-line texts via this app when I'm out and about or use whatsapp etc. I can use the credit to ring friends in Wales or lonely housewives for 3.2 secs.

A bonus is if you use €5 of tesco vouchers to top-up, those things we get in the post and forget to us, it will give you €15 in credit. So in essence €5 per month gets you unlimited calls or texts you choose and for €10 you get 5GB of data leaving you €5 to use however.

Once my three months of free data runs out I would imagine my routine will be top-up €15 or €5 in tesco vouchers (as they build up) I choose the free calls option so use €10 for 5GB of data. Use the app for web texts and let the €5 build up so one month use that for data and calls rather than topping up.

Data speeds are grand for me in Dublin (Swords and Citywest), I've tethered my phone to my tablet and been able to stream netflix and skygo. 5GB is more than enough, even 1GB at a €5 would probably do me. I don't do a whole lot of streaming, more twitter, news feeds and on occasion Tunein while walking the dog. The mytescomobile app lets you see how much data you have left so you could track your usage there.

Hopefully you'll get replies from other network users, but for my needs; I can't beat tesco. You might hear of problems with their network (O2) but I have not had any problems as of yet apart from it being down for a couple of hours before xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

I have o2 pre pay top up 30 euro each month and they take the 30 euro credit from you but have unlimited calls to all network and unlimited texts all network along 1gb internet does me fine anyway i love it. Think you have be moving your number over from a different network get this offer could be wrong its on o2 page anyway

Advertisement