Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypodermic Needles

Options
  • 21-01-2014 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm an engineering student doing my final year project on the penetration and insertion forces of needles. I was focusing on larger needles, ones that would be used for procedures such as biopsies.

Does anyone know what size needles are used for different biopsies, liver and bone biopsies use larger ones as far as I know, and where one might source some to do testing with?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Engstudent wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm an engineering student doing my final year project on the penetration and insertion forces of needles. I was focusing on larger needles, ones that would be used for procedures such as biopsies.

Does anyone know what size needles are used for different biopsies, liver and bone biopsies use larger ones as far as I know, and where one might source some to do testing with?

Thanks.

Does your institution have a medical faculty? If so get in contact with their radiology lecturer (haematology for the trephine needle)

Advertisement