Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Question

Options
  • 21-01-2014 3:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi, So I started a level 8 course in Sept 2010 but failed a few of the exams and dropped out at the end of the first year. I was wondering would I be entitled to BTEA if I started a level 7 course? I recieved the grant for the first year but it wasn't much.

I have been receiving JSA close to a year now but I wont be 21 until the beginning of May will this make any difference?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

akura wrote: »
    Hi, So I started a level 8 course in Sept 2010 but failed a few of the exams and dropped out at the end of the first year. I was wondering would I be entitled to BTEA if I started a level 7 course? I recieved the grant for the first year but it wasn't much.

I have been receiving JSA close to a year now but I wont be 21 until the beginning of May will this make any difference?

Thanks

I could be wrong, but as far as I know the answer would be No.

I'm doing a Fetac Level 5 course, and if I wanted to re-sit it or do it again, I would not get the BTEA.

You have to move Up to the next level to continue to avail of it.

I'm open to correction on this though.

Check out Q5 in the link below.

" You must also be progressing in educational qualifications. For example, if you already have a Level 5 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications, the course you are undertaking must be for at least a Level 6 qualification. A person holding a level 7 degree can only apply for a level 8 add-on year (honours degree) in the same discipline and is not eligible for new level 8 honours degree course in a different discipline. The only postgraduate courses recognised for BTEA are a Higher Diploma (H.Dip) in any discipline, or the Professional Diploma in Education. No postgraduate courses are allowed outside of Ireland."

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/BTEA-Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx#q5

Advertisement