Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malta a good holiday destination for 18 - 19 year olds ?

Options
  • 21-01-2014 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey ,

Basically planning a holiday for me and 4 other lads and maybe two girls in June or July. Just.Just wondering if Malta would be a ideal spot ?

We need somewhere lively and with a nice crowd of young people who would also out clubbing and drinking. I heard some people call it boring and mainly good for the older crowd who are into buildings and churches.

How is the nightlife in Paceville and St. Julians ?

Also any recommendations for a destination ? Please no chavy places like Magalouf, santa ponsa or Ibiza.

And nowere that far either as were looking to spend only 200-250 on flights

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

It is more an older persons place for sure, it is very expensive too beer/food, i was there at a wedding 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

aw man wrote: »
    Hey ,

Basically planning a holiday for me and 4 other lads and maybe two girls in June or July. Just.Just wondering if Malta would be a ideal spot ?

We need somewhere lively and with a nice crowd of young people who would also out clubbing and drinking. I heard some people call it boring and mainly good for the older crowd who are into buildings and churches.

How is the nightlife in Paceville and St. Julians ?

Also any recommendations for a destination ? Please no chavy places like Magalouf, santa ponsa or Ibiza.

And nowere that far either as were looking to spend only 200-250 on flights

Kavos is what your looking for. Great nightlife and it's all young people. Spent a great week there last summer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aw man

Was thinking Kavos but flights were like 400 quid plus it seems like one of those places that all LADS on their LAD holidays if you get me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I think you will find it difficult to find a place with more women than men.

WikiHow wrote: »
    I think you will find it difficult to find a place with more women than men.

Ya there was more men than women in Kavos, but it wasn't so bad as to hinder pulling abilities if you know what I mean. I don't think Malta would be a good choice, unless your looking for a sleepy holiday by the beach, my parents went there last summer while I was in Kavos with my mates. There's plenty of other options, I just threw Kavos out there because I've been, and had a great time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Also try Malia in Crete or Laganas in Zante. Have been to both. Very cheap for food and drink (€12 for 3 course meal and 2 drinks)...amazing nightlife and when you tire of that, both beautiful islands you can go explore (on quad bikes)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

WikiHow wrote: »
    It is more an older persons place for sure, it is very expensive too beer/food, i was there at a wedding 2 years ago.

Must be a different Malta. I lived there for 6 months and its super cheap. Where else would you get a pint for 1.50? If you go to tourist targeted restaurants you''ll be ripped off no matter what country

Paceville (pronounced patch-e-ville) and St Julians are very lively- huge number of nightclubs. Gets a bit messy though. Clubs open til 5-6am in summer. There's also some open air clubs in other parts.

Plenty to do outside of going out, fantastic beaches

Must be a different Malta. I lived there for 6 months and its super cheap. Where else would you get a pint for 1.50? If you go to tourist targeted restaurants you''ll be ripped off no matter what country

Paceville (pronounced patch-e-ville) and St Julians are very lively- huge number of nightclubs. Gets a bit messy though. Clubs open til 5-6am in summer. There's also some open air clubs in other parts.

Plenty to do outside of going out, fantastic beaches

I could be wrong, but I believe there is just the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭zamo27

malta can be great as a summer destination. summer is in full swing with buzzing night clubs mega dance partie with all the top internation djs good food and you could be out all night dancing drinking the lot till 6am.

it is expensive though for what you get else where but good food, and happy hours are plentyfull.

yes malta cane be boaring with iits too many churces but it has 1 hell of a story if you could spare 1 moring to get into things.
    im maltese my wife is irish and i love it here would never go back home but my wife would move in the morning. it a great spot for a quick holiday.we always have great time.

got married in malta too and our 60 irish guest rave about it. i did make sure they get to see the best of it as i used to be a local and knew allthe top
    spots.

id go for it . book early with that infamous cheap air line and make sure you stay in somewhere decent as airconditioning is not standard and boy will need it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Have you seen "What Happens In Kavos"?. Jaysus if I was a bit younger I'd be there in a shot. The place is mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Thinking of heading to kavos too would it be worth it? Is it mainly english people that go there?

GerB40 wrote: »
    Have you seen "What Happens In Kavos"?. Jaysus if I was a bit younger I'd be there in a shot. The place is mad.

We were there when that was being filmed last summer, you don't know the half of it. That place is the stuff of legend.It is predominantly English, but there are plenty of Irish there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

buyer95 wrote: »
    We were there when that was being filmed last summer, you don't know the half of it. That place is the stuff of legend.It is predominantly English, but there are plenty of Irish there too.

Sounds good seems like the best option available to us at this stage anyway!

Advertisement