Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda problems

Options
  • 21-01-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I have a skoda ovtavia and there is a problem with the central locking, the zapper doesn't work and the door locks on both doors are sticking, I think there may be a problem with the immobiliser too as on two occasions the car would not start (replaced battery about one year ago). I also notice lately that if I leave the car for a week the battery is dying as if something is draining it, any ideas on what might be causing these problems and if they are worth fixing
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

WD40 may be needed to free up door locks as wet and dirt and grit can cause trouble to any car.

My boot lock stopped working and sprayed a load of it and problem solved.

Is your alternator charging the battery properly or may you have a loose connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Milkman2012

Thanks for reply, i tried the wd40 but i think the problem is more to do with the central locking mechanism, on the battery once i start the car the battery charges up properly, its only a problem if i leave it off for a week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have you changed the batteries on the buzzer and if yoiu find the signal to be bad place up close to the window when pressing and should be fine.

You may find an answer to the problem by getting it hooked up nto a diognostic set.

Loose battery connection could be a problem and are you only doing short little trips that the battery is'nt lasting(charging).

You may have to take the door card off on inside the door to get access to door control.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Milkman2012

Thanks think I may go diagnostic route

Advertisement