Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking using NAC but no valid SIM

Options
  • 20-01-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I am trying to unlock my old Iphone 3, and put a foreign SIM in it. The new SIM cannot be activated until I can key in a code, however my phone is locked to Vodafone.

I have my NAC but no idea what to do with it or whether it is possible without putting some valid SIM in it (currently one is too small for this phone!)

THanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

what2do wrote: »
    I am trying to unlock my old Iphone 3, and put a foreign SIM in it. The new SIM cannot be activated until I can key in a code, however my phone is locked to Vodafone.

I have my NAC but no idea what to do with it or whether it is possible without putting some valid SIM in it (currently one is too small for this phone!)

THanks!

If the phone is an Iphone no need to enter any codes, the unlock is done via Itunes, just connect the Iphone to the pc/laptop and open Itunes, it should say that phone is unlock. Some users say they might need to restore to see the Unlock message but in my case with a 3g and 4 just by connecting the iphone was enough.

The strange part is that you got a NAC from vodafone when you requested the unlock, did you have to specify that you needed an unlock for an Iphone.

Advertisement