Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder recommendations

Options
  • 20-01-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a small extension and a few other bits and bobs done in my house over the next few months. Does anyone have any recommendations for builders, or any they wouldn't recommend?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Guildhall Construction appear always to be busy so that's a good sign in hard times
    http://guildhallconstruction.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pump101

Gerry Byrne Construction. In Slieverue, had work done by him twice. Fair price and good work, answers the phone all hours.. good bunch of lads working for him too. He offers a turn key service. Pm me of ya want his details. He will call out evenings or weekends to discuss job. He never stops working I reckon. He should be able to provide plenty of references too.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Pat Madigan - BuildDirect
    Damian Walsh
    Kenny Flynn

All proven quality builders if that is what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

colm Phelan building contractor did a small extention for me was very reasonable and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! Will check them out , still open to other ones too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Suirside did our renovation/extension. Ned is a top man - always available and up front, and takes pride in doing a good job. As regards cost, they seemed to be there or thereabouts with other builders who quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 threerivers

Hi, just wondering if anyone has an update or can add to this thread. I'm looking to do an extension onto the house sometime in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We ended up using Build Direct (Pat Madigan) as someone else mentioned above and very happy with the job, cost etc.

Advertisement