Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POUND STRETCHERS

Options
  • 20-01-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

HI ALL LOOKING FOR SOME INFO ON WHAT HAPPENED TO POUND STRETCHERS LISDUGGAN SHOPPING CENTRE SORRY ABOUT CAPITALS AS THE KEY IS STUCK AGAIN REGARDS BRIAN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

As far as I know they were losing business. Mainly due to Dealz opening up in the same place. Such a pity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

it shut down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

the achesons which own poundstretchers own party world in tramore so they defo aint gone completely!! if you want to keep supporting there business then it would be out there you should go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

THANKS MATE NEVER KNEW THAT ALTHOUGH RARELY EVER OUT THAT WAY WHEN IM DOWN BUT ALWAYS DROPPED BY TO SEE WHAT THEY HAD IN STOCK IN LISDUGGAN ON MONDAY MORNINGS AS MY DAUGHTER IS IN COLLEGE THERE YES YOUR RIGHT ACHESON HES AN OLD MATE OF MY BROTHERS TOO AND A NICE CHAP ACTUALLY ALL THE FAMILY ARE GREAT,,,, PITY THIS HAS HAPPENED

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Supposedly they were paying twice as much rent as Dealz and the landlord wouldn't reduce it, even tho they gave been there for 29 years, so they pulled out altogether.
    If true that's a scandalous way to treat a loyal tenant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

cococoady wrote: »
    Supposedly they were paying twice as much rent as Dealz and the landlord wouldn't reduce it, even tho they gave been there for 29 years, so they pulled out altogether.

That wouldn't surprise me. Company comes in and is looking to take three empty units they essentially have the landlord over a barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Fair play for them to take a stand and hit the road if thats true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I loved that shop, who ever did the buying was spot on, if you could think of it they had it.

Also great different small toys for kids, we got a little mechano type kit there before christmas last year and my little one is still loves playing with it.

mate your joking me thats a disgrace :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

mate your joking me thats a disgrace :mad:

never believe rumours - in nearly all cases they are untrue.

If I were them and Dealz moved in and I got an opportunity to get out - I'd get out. Its simply too difficult to compete against a company the size of dealz and after 29 years, do you really want to die a slow death? - Nope.

As for the rent issue - due to last years court decision regarding burger king on Grafton street, they would have had no issue getting their rent dropped if they so wished as their base rent would have been set at the start of the lease and any renewal would simply be at a market rate above the base rent (no good for lease created in 2004-2008, but great for leases 15+ years old)

• Advertisement

sandin wrote: »
    never believe rumours - in nearly all cases they are untrue.

If I were them and Dealz moved in and I got an opportunity to get out - I'd get out. Its simply too difficult to compete against a company the size of dealz and after 29 years, do you really want to die a slow death? - Nope.

As for the rent issue - due to last years court decision regarding burger king on Grafton street, they would have had no issue getting their rent dropped if they so wished as their base rent would have been set at the start of the lease and any renewal would simply be at a market rate above the base rent (no good for lease created in 2004-2008, but great for leases 15+ years old)

cool anyone know the real reason then as will be back down next monday if they are still open and hope to get last few bits

Advertisement