Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for Renting in Dublin

Options
  • 20-01-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am moving to Dublin in the next couple of months.

Can anyone give me ideas of where to live. My Girlfriend and I are young professionals (I hate that term lol).

She will be working in Ballyfermot and I may be working in the Blanchardstown area. Ideally we would like something in a nice area, handy to work for the both of usand it would also be nice to be near the luas or some sort of easy public transport for getting into the city when we have ttime off.

Any ideas would be gladly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Ashtown is a pretty nice area, Dublin 15..close to blanch too.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

It depends on your commute options.
    Lucan and Palmerstown are easy access areas for both Ballyfermot and Blanch, but that is on the assumption that you would drive to Blanch.
    I live near to Liffey Valley, the M50 exit is close to get you to Blanch and Ballyer is actually within walking distance, but is also on bus routes from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Might not be much in the area available to rent but Chapelizod is very nice.
    Islandbridge could work well for you too. Quick jaunt out the Conningham road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doop

Templeogue, Kimmage, Crumlin all handy to ballyfermot and easily accessible to the M50 for blanchardstown assuming you'll be driving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I would recommend clondalkin. Beside m50 so 10 mins to blanch... Beside naas road direct to ballyfermot. And within walking distance of red cow Luas 30 mins by Luas to city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Oh and if you're not living in SoCoDu, your life expectancy is approx 6 months.[/forum in-joke]

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Yeah I intend driving out to Blanch.

Thanks for all the input.

I will look into all the areas mentioned and let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Ashtown is good shout since access to blanch (road and rail), close to town, close to the park and m50. And ballyfermot is a drive away

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

+1 for Lucan.

Moved out here from the city over a year ago. I love it!

Plenty of good pubs in the Village, Superquinn and Tesco nearby, quick jaunt up the Strawberry Beds into the Park... Bus services to the City are excellent, with another service going out to the Blanchardstown SC.

Rentals in the village itself can be in short supply though...

Advertisement