Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bricks and mortar location for replacement mobile phone battery

Options
  • 20-01-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭

Folks, battery on my samsung xcover is dying a slow painfull death and needs replacement. Have tried google, but from what I've found; there appears to be no where you can buy replacement batteries except on-line.

Don't really want to go to the expense of getting a new phone, as bar battery life the phone does all I require. Is there anywhere in the greater Dublin area where I could buy a new battery.

Could go down the amazon route but I prefer to give business to local shops. I recently went PAYG with Tesco, so no upgrades in my future.

The phone is nearly two years old and when fully charged drops straight away to 60%+-10%. I hope it is a battery issue and not the phone saying cheapskate buy a new one.

So at best somewhere to buy a new battery and tickety-boo another 18 months from phone or at worst break the seal on my wife's piggy bank and buy a new one.

Advertisement