Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalidity Pension

Options
  • 20-01-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone would know how long it takes for the DSP to make a decision on an Invalidity Pension Review.

I have been waiting for 12 weeks so far, originally I was refused on the grounds the the medical evidence from my GP was not strong enough (without seeing one of the DSP own doctors?). In turn I have provided further medical evidence from my Neurosurgeon which states that my injury was severe and would continue due to the nature of the debilitating injury.

As yet I have not received any notifications from anyone and when I ring both Dublin and Longford there is no one that can say when it will be looked at. So just wondering if there is a time frame or if the system is just so badly broken that maybe i should not hold out much hope.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

SharpSpoke wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering if anyone would know how long it takes for the DSP to make a decision on an Invalidity Pension Review.

I have been waiting for 12 weeks so far, originally I was refused on the grounds the the medical evidence from my GP was not strong enough (without seeing one of the DSP own doctors?). In turn I have provided further medical evidence from my Neurosurgeon which states that my injury was severe and would continue due to the nature of the debilitating injury.

As yet I have not received any notifications from anyone and when I ring both Dublin and Longford there is no one that can say when it will be looked at. So just wondering if there is a time frame or if the system is just so badly broken that maybe i should not hold out much hope.
    Did you Appeal to Longford or The Appeals Office in Dublin or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SharpSpoke

Hi Mrsbyrne

I have put it in for a reviewed by Longford, but I contacted Dublin and they could give me information due to my pps number. I have been in touch with both but it is up for a review not an appeal at the moment.

I have been told that it is with their doctors and they are waiting a result, but this has been weeks at this stage and still no information either way?

The reason I have rang Dublin is because they are much nicer to speak to and have never been rude to me unlike Longford.

I don't want to give you false hope but if Longford were going to refuse you again you would normally have heard about it by now.
    If they do refuse you appeal to the Appeals Office but I'm afraid there's a terrible backlog.
    Its very stress full waiting for a desicion. The waiting time is totally unacceptable. Ringing is kind of counterproductive because it slows the whole system down and truthfully they can't give you a desicion over the gone or even an estimate.
    Hang in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

I would have said that too, but they normally refuse almost by return of post. I would have Appealed to D'Olier street as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 SharpSpoke

Thanks for the advice, I'll just sit tight and see where it goes from here. I believe there is a lack of medical assessors or maybe more like an increase in the amount of people applying, either way it's a flawed system as I have had to stop my rehabilitation for the last 12 weeks.

Advertisement