Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roku channels

Options
  • 20-01-2014 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

just got a roku as a present ...have netflix and a couple of channels but what are the best to add and how??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭woodlands

vpn ?cant find it ..is it vp live...thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Sorry to drag up a little old-ish thread but...

Thinking of getting the Roku 3 to replace my google TV.

Can you have the best of both worlds, like by using VPN have both UK and USA content/channels at the same time on the device? or are you geo locked by your home country?

Would like bbi player and some usa channels too....

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nthside_cycle

I don't have a roku, but have a ATV and a Now TV(sky roku box).
    I pay for a DNS service from unblockus and have there DNS set in my router.
    That way I can use any service from any the countries they support straight from my device. I could be watching netflix US on ATV and bbc iplayer on a tablet at the same time.
    There plenty of companies offering what unblockus do so can google for which one you use.
    I find it better than VPN as very little in the loss of broadband speed comapre to VPN.
    unblockus have a nice web browser were you can change your netflix country in a few seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I don't have a roku, but have a ATV and a Now TV(sky roku box).
    I pay for a DNS service from unblockus and have there DNS set in my router.
    That way I can use any service from any the countries they support straight from my device. I could be watching netflix US on ATV and bbc iplayer on a tablet at the same time.
    There plenty of companies offering what unblockus do so can google for which one you use.
    I find it better than VPN as very little in the loss of broadband speed comapre to VPN.
    unblockus have a nice web browser were you can change your netflix country in a few seconds.

I am on unblock_us too, well beta of the next version of unblock_us (Netprotect) this doesn't work the same way as unblock_us does but that is not the problem as such.

Also the range of channels on offer are linked to your billing address...
    In this case the roku box from the UK can get the BBC iplayer but not the US variant (this is a firmware setting/limit by roku) unless it can be side loaded some other way i am yet to find out about.. I know how to get the US netflix on my devices but what I am asking is can that UK vershion of the roku 3 run both bbci and US Netflix at the same time? If so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 miseannmarie

Got Roku as a Christmas present, if been trying to set it up for last few days but I'm not very good with computers and have been running into difficulty.
    I would love to use my Roku to watch series like downtown abbey revenge csi etc, any idea what channel I can use to watch these or how I would go about it? Or can I stream from my iPad via watch series onto my TV using Roku
    Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bulbs2010

Got Roku as a Christmas present, if been trying to set it up for last few days but I'm not very good with computers and have been running into difficulty.
    I would love to use my Roku to watch series like downtown abbey revenge csi etc, any idea what channel I can use to watch these or how I would go about it? Or can I stream from my iPad via watch series onto my TV using Roku
    Any help appreciated

same problem here ,all i am watching is youtube

Advertisement