Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physchem And Chemistry

Options
  • 20-01-2014 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I know you can't sit physics and physchem but can you sit chemistry and physchem and count both for points? I know you cant use them both for matriculation

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It would depend on the university.

None of the NUI colleges or TCD will accept PhysChem with neither Physics nor Chemistry.
    Combination of subjects not permitted
    • The subject Physics and Chemistry may not be presented with
    either Physics or Chemistry.

http://www.nui.ie/college/docs/matricRegs/matricRegs_2014_2015.pdf
    Combinations of Leaving Certificate subjects not permitted:
    Physics/Chemistry may not be presented with physics or chemistry

http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/undergraduate/requirements/matriculation/leavingcert/

DCU on the other hand..
    3) Physics with Chemistry
    - if combined with Physics and Chemistry only the two best scored
    - if combined with Physics or Chemistry only the best scored

Pretty much the same thing. If you do PhysChem with Physics or Chemistry, they only take one. But if you do all 3, they'll take 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Joey!!

Thanks very much :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The SEC won't allow you register to sit Phys/Chem and Physics or Chemistry. If you had them from separate years, I don't know what the situation would be for UCAS for example, but I think they probably have a similar rule.

Advertisement