Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unregistered Business

Options
  • 19-01-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Anyone know how to go about reporting someone who has an unregistered business and not paying any taxes. This guy used to work for me until i caught him stealing diesel and other things and has now set up a business competing against me.:mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Nothing illegal about competition. How do you know he is unregistered? How do you know what business name he registered (as a sole trader or as a ltd)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chingching

I know he is unregistered because he told one of my other employees after a "few pints". He is advertising on facebook and buying materials off a another company under his own name not under company name.

So he's a sole trader, what's the problem? There is no law saying that everyone needs to form a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chingching

Hes getting paid cash for work done not paying taxes, not paying rates, not paying insurance making it more difficult for an honest tax payer like myself. So any suggestions about reporting someone like this??

Sole traders don't pay income tax until they make their return, so nothing for the first year. If under the VAT threshold he may not have to register for VAT. If he has no dedicated premises then he may not have to pay rates. Finally, it is not illegal to accept payment in cash - rather the problem arises when the income is not declared.

If you actually have any proper evidence then just contact the Revenue, if not then don't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement