Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for buying in a new development

Options
  • 19-01-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

A new development is being launched in a location that before I could only dream about. It is close to family, work and schools. It is a small development of 14 houses and are aiming to have a BER rating of A.

However, since I was burned by buying a stupid horrible apartment in an unfinished estate I swore to myself I would never ever buy in a new development again.

What factors do I need to consider? My heart says rush to the bank and beg for the mortgage but I'm not sure what my head is saying.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Babyboy09 wrote: »
    A new development is being launched in a location that before I could only dream about. It is close to family, work and schools. It is a small development of 14 houses and are aiming to have a BER rating of A.

However, since I was burned by buying a stupid horrible apartment in an unfinished estate I swore to myself I would never ever buy in a new development again.

What factors do I need to consider? My heart says rush to the bank and beg for the mortgage but I'm not sure what my head is saying.

Who the developer is is probably the main one. If NAMA are finishing the estate, odds are they will see it all the way.

Otherwise, the best rule is if in doubt, don't buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

an A BER rating. Haha I needed a good laugh

Advertisement