Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-System 4315 Laptop - Factory Reset.

Options
  • 19-01-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I've been given an e-system laptop by a friend and I want to restore it to the factory settings so am wondering if anyone has any solutions? I've googled this but can't seem to find a solution seeing as this isn't a well-known brand.

Its running Windows Vista, 1gb memory and 80gb harddisk. Its around 8 years old and the only system restore point was created in 2011 so would prefer to just wipe it and start again. I don't have any disks for it. Does anyone have any solutions please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ben.MH

I have an e Esystem with the same specs, when it was working i used to to boot the machine and press Ctrl and F11 keys at the same time as soon as the Esystem logo appears. some other Esystem work with Ctrl + F8 or Ctrl +F10. some machines use the key Alt+F**, you will find you will need to use the Ctrl or Alt+F whatever with activating the WI FI as well.
    Just a word of warning, as soon as you get running again make a copy of all the drivers and keep them safe on a disk or a memory stick, and try not to delete the recovery partition, because it is very hard to find information about them.
    My machine is a Esystem 4315 the hard drive got corrupted and i had to erase it and installed a clean O.System and i am still trying to find the right drivers for it after six months.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

is the Product Key sticker still on the Laptop and is it readable (not faded). If yes:

you can download Vista from here, both 32-bit and 64-bit are available (follow the instructions on how to make a bootable Disc):

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-burn-downloaded-windows-vista-to-dvd/

If you have a recovery parition (if it wasn't deleted by previous owner), check to see if it has the necessary drivers for graphics card etc, if it does then burn these to DVD or USB Key before proceeding with a Format/Re-install.

AFAIK E-System is/was PC World's own brand. If you don't have access to the drivers, they are hard to find.

Advertisement