Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warped Front DoorH

Options
  • 19-01-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a large teak front door that we installed about 18months ago. Ever since I have had it it seems to move in and out however it seems to be permanently warped. It sits approx 3/4" out at bottom. I have tried to take up the difference with draft proofing rubber.

Is there any solution for this warping or is it "one of those things" that I get sometimes when I have issues in the house and get someone out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Gavin1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a large teak front door that we installed about 18months ago. Ever since I have had it it seems to move in and out however it seems to be permanently warped. It sits approx 3/4" out at bottom. I have tried to take up the difference with draft proofing rubber.

Is there any solution for this warping or is it "one of those things" that I get sometimes when I have issues in the house and get someone out?

Thanks

It happens. If you know the maker he might help. The solution is to cut saw kerfs into the warped section and glue in new wood slips when the door is clamped to a dead flat surface.
    Of course you will need a temporary front door while all this is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Thanks for the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Gavin1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response.

;) No problem. You can also let in a wedge into the warped stile while the door is clamped. Neater but a little more tricky.

Advertisement