Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consistently fast VPN?

Options
  • 19-01-2014 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I watch a lot of anime through Crunchyroll. For the past six months, I've been using the VPN provider Boxpn and they are all right. However, for the past while, I've noticed that their US servers are simply slow. I use the VPN mainly to watch Crunchyroll shows that aren't licensed here in Ireland. I love watching at 1080p, but oftentimes the stream is laggy.
    Which is the best VPN speed wise? My own internet is 70Mb down, 20Mb up, so I have plenty of raw bandwidth for streaming. I just need a VPN that is consistently fast, not intermittent like Boxpn is (I watched one episode just before this post, and it was fine, but another show and it got laggy through the intro).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I've read good things about Overplay VPN, they also do a smart DNS service which would give better speeds as no overheads of encryption. Not sure if Crunchyroll works with their Smart DNS service, you could contact that and ask them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As the charter states, we don't allow discussion of gaining illegal access to content.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement