Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone out there left Jobbridge early?

Options
  • 19-01-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello there,

I'm in the 7th month of a 9 month Jobbridge internship. The internship is not really related in any way to what I want to do, however at the time I preferred to be doing something rather than leave a gap in my CV.

Now there is another internship opening up which I would REALLY like to apply for. I rang jobbridge and they said that to be able to switch over, I have to first leave the one I'm in (give one weeks notice), then apply for the other one.

Has anyone out there actually left an internship early? Was it a huge hassle? Did you receive your benefits again quickly? Has anyone changed to another internship from their first one?

Any feedback would be much appreciated, thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Left one after 6 weeks as it wasnt what i wanted, went into social and confirmed it in writing for them and got my benefits back straight away(well thdy just took the extra 50 back off me) but wasnt much hassle, just a few awkward questions. You should be fine and anyway if u arent happy then go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Houdini212

I recently left after a few days. I knew straight away what I was doing was not going to be beneficial to me. I went in to the social office with a letter explaining why I left, as the job spec was not what has been agreed on. There was no hassle, the guy in the office just asked casually why I left. You might want to email jobbridge that you left early too.

Advertisement