Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another gangland shooting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Great reporting there OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

As long as no innocent people get hurt gangland shootings are a good thing. The scumbags kill the scumbags, and it costs us less money than locking them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Nino Brown wrote: »
    As long as no innocent people get hurt gangland shootings are a good thing. The scumbags kill the scumbags, and it costs us less money than locking them up.

Yep that will work .......................not.

Gardai launch an investigation following the discovery of a man's body in Tallaght
    Sunday 19 January 2014 07.14

Garda investigation under way following the discovery of a man's body in Tallaght
    Gardaí in Dublin are investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery of a man's body in a car in Tallaght late last night.

The area remains sealed off and the State Pathologist's Office has been informed.

The body was discovered after gardaí on routine patrol in the Bohernabreena area at around 10.30pm last night came across a car acting suspiciously.

The car sped away and although it was pursued for a time, it got away.

The patrol car returned to the original scene and found the body of a man on the ground there.

He appears to have been shot in the neck and sustained other injuries to his upper body.

The State Pathologist's Office has been informed and the scene has been preserved pending the arrival of the Garda Technical Bureau later today.

The victim has not yet been identified but Gardaí say his death has all the hallmarks of a gangland attack.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0119/498765-tallaght/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

wazky wrote: »
    Great reporting there OP.

my post was almost as worthwhile as yours was :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

my post was almost as worthwhile as yours was :D

Well what would you like us to do with this information?, form a vigilante group perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

From the injuries ive a good idea where they should start to look
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec-8mD_BhrU

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As long as all the shooting happens in "gangland" and not somewhere I care about I have no particular feelings on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Gangland sounds like a bit of a rough kip. Can we not just ban people from there moving to Ireland? Is it even a part of the EU? If not, what eejit gave them a work permit to be here? I bet it was that Phil Hogan lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Gangland sounds like a bit of a rough kip. Can we not just ban people from there moving to Ireland? Is it even a part of the EU? If not, what eejit gave them a work permit to be here? I bet it was that Phil Hogan lad.

I think it shares a border with Knifepoint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Well what would you like us to do with this information?, form a vigilante group perhaps?

I'll be Cue-ball, Skinner can be Eight-ball, Barney will be Twelve-ball, and Moe, you can be Cue-ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Hello_MrFox

Is Tallaght a suburb Dublin City or its own town/place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Both.

Tallaght (/ˈtælə/ tal-ə; Irish: Tamhlacht, IPA: [ˈt̪ˠəul̪ˠəxt̪ˠ]) is the largest town, and county seat, of South Dublin, Ireland. The village area, dating from at least the 17th century, held one of the earliest settlements known in the southern part of the island, and one of medieval Ireland's more important monastic centres.[1]
    Up to the 1960s Tallaght was little more than a small village in County Dublin, linked to several nearby rural areas which were part of the large civil parish of the same name - the local council estimates the then population at 2,500.[2] Suburban development began in the 1970s and a town centre area has been developing since the late 1980s. There is no legal definition of the boundaries of Tallaght, but the electoral divisions known as "Tallaght" followed by the name of a locality have, according to the 2011 census, a population of 71,504. There are currently calls for Tallaght to be declared a city.[3]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallaght

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Hello_MrFox

realies wrote: »
    Tallaght (/ˈtælə/ tal-ə; Irish: Tamhlacht, IPA: [ˈt̪ˠəul̪ˠəxt̪ˠ]) is the largest town, and county seat, of South Dublin, Ireland. The village area, dating from at least the 17th century, held one of the earliest settlements known in the southern part of the island, and one of medieval Ireland's more important monastic centres.[1]
    Up to the 1960s Tallaght was little more than a small village in County Dublin, linked to several nearby rural areas which were part of the large civil parish of the same name - the local council estimates the then population at 2,500.[2] Suburban development began in the 1970s and a town centre area has been developing since the late 1980s. There is no legal definition of the boundaries of Tallaght, but the electoral divisions known as "Tallaght" followed by the name of a locality have, according to the 2011 census, a population of 71,504. There are currently calls for Tallaght to be declared a city.[3]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallaght

:-)

So its a town, nothing to do with Dublin city. Thanks.

So its a town, nothing to do with Dublin city. Thanks.

What you getting at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,080 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I think it shares a border with Knifepoint

Point Blank is another place to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Proof readers in RTE must have been on a coffee break when this went out...

RTE News
    Gardaí in Dublin are investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery of a man's body in a car in Tallaght late last night....

.... The patrol car returned to the original scene and found the body of a man on the ground there.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0119/498765-tallaght/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

The top half of the Tallaght Garda station looks lovely, like a little Spanish villa.

They shouldn't have bothered with the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Could we name ourselves the Scumbag Strike Force, or would that sound too much like the Santa Strike Force? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

He was wearing a bullet proof vest. I'm guessing he was no angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

how tragic......NNNNOOOOTTTT

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

Good riddance to druggie / gangland scumbags.... Society is better without them.

cmore123 wrote: »
    Good riddance to druggie / gangland scumbags.... Society is better without them.

we need snippers takin these f*ckers out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

snippers?

You want to have them all sterilised?

been many threads on this already

wexie wrote: »
    snippers?

You want to have them all sterilised?

been many threads on this already

well in that case stay away if we're boring you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

He was wearing a bullet proof vest. I'm guessing he was no angel.

Should have gotten the matching hat and scarf.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Yes, I agree totally.

Punishment vasectomies.

Advertisement